Chapter 34: Recovery

When Jin arrived at the hospital, the doctor informed all three of them that Jungkook would have to be under constant supervision until his wound healed in about two to three weeks (depending on how fast Jungkook's body healed). He'd need help changing the gauze, making sure he doesn't have trouble breathing, and he shouldn't do anything like dance or workout that requires him to breathe heavily.

"Jungkook, as a thank you for saving Yumi's life, you should stay with us for those couple weeks. Yumi and I will take care of you, right love?" Jin said.

"Um, Jin, may I please speak to you outside for a bit?" Yumi replied.

"Sure," Jin responded, "Let's go to the rooftop for some privacy away from other people. Trying not to get recognized here."

They took the elevator to the rooftop before having their conversation.

"What did you need to speak to me about?" Jin asked her.

"Jungkook and I spoke a little before you arrived and he confessed to me that he's still in love with me and that's why he took the bullet," Yumi told him.

"And what did you tell him?"

"I didn't tell him anything but I did kiss his forehead as a thank you because I feel bad for him. I wouldn't know what it's like to see someone you've loved for a long time start a family and have a thriving relationship with someone else. I'm sorry if that bothers you."

Jin held Yumi's hands gently as he talked to her.

"You did the right thing. You acknowledged his feelings without causing harm to us. You both went through a traumatic experience so emotions are high at the moment. Give it some time and he might get over it, just that everything happened so quickly."

"So, knowing this, are you ok with Jungkook staying with us now?"

"Of course I am! He hasn't made moves at you and I kind of raised Jungkook like my little brother so I would feel bad if I ended up leaving him to a nurse. And after Hiromi, I don't trust bringing in any new employees to the dorm."

"Thank you for understanding."

Jin then lifted Yumi's chin and kissed her gently.

"You know I would take a bullet for you too right?"

"I know you would; so would I."

They then went back inside to help Jungkook get dispatched before driving to Minji's house to pick up the babies and head back to their home. Jungkook would be staying in the guest room and Yumi would watch over him most of the time as Jin was in the middle of preparing for an audition to have a side part in a k-drama given that he had stopped making music since his solo album.

*Time skip ahead one week to September 2025*

Jungook's 28th birthday came around and since he was at Jin and Yumi's place, they threw him a small birthday get together where all the members and Minji showed up to cut a cake and then watch a movie since Jungkook couldn't sing or dance. His wound was healing up nicely and they would be able to get the stitches removed in roughly a week. While Minji was at the party, she asked to speak with Yumi in private.

"What is it mom?" Yumi asked her.

"I don't know how you're going to take this," Minji began, "But Bong-Cha moved in with me."

Yumi's mouth dropped in shock.

"She moved in with you? You only have one room at your place."

"Yeah Bong-Cha and I...we're dating again."

"Since when? And why?"

"About three months after your baby shower, Bong-Cha and I tried dating again. She's really changed and was totally ok with staying where I'm at and she's helping pay rent now. She moved in a few days before Jungkook's accident."