Chapter 29: Moving Out

*Time skip ahead to early September 2024*

Yumi was now in her seventh month of pregnancy with the twins. They were expected to be born around the end of November. Her pregnancy was going smoothly for the babies, however for her, not so much. She had a lot of back pain, trouble sleeping, constant cravings, and it was very difficult for her to do almost anything. Manager Sejin unfortunately had to let Yumi go as BTS' cook since her pregnancy interfered with her work and once the twins would be born, she wouldn't have time to be BTS' chef anymore. He wasn't sure if he would find a replacement or go back to the way it was with ordering take out and Jin cooking on occasion; he'd have to think about it.

Jin knew that this was a financial burden for her since she couldn't exactly hop into a new job anytime soon and she still had to help her mother pay rent since she couldn't pay for it alone. Since Yoonah's retirement funds were no longer helping pay rent either, Yumi had taken over her grandmother's portion. Jin decided that as Yumi's partner and father of her children, he had to take responsibility and help Yumi pay her mother's rent. Yumi and Minji both refused but Jin never took "no" for an answer and helped them out anyway. With that settled, Jin also took Yumi to view the two places he owned in Hannah- The Hill in Seoul. Yumi picked the one she liked the best and they moved in around the end of August.

The media still had no idea about Jin and Yumi or the twins. They only ever met in private areas like the houses, the offices at HYBE, or parks at night where nobody would be around to disturb them and they had been able to avoid scandals, rumors, and exposure. They planned on telling the media about everything after the babies were born and they were settled down as parents with their work schedules handled. Jin in the meantime, was working on finishing his solo album since he would be heavily toning down his music work once the babies were born.

Yumi was in charge of organizing the house and preparing for motherhood. She picked out the furniture for everything, decorated the nursery, educated herself on breastfeeding, learned to change diapers, and basically studied to be a nearly perfect mother now that she had nothing to do without a job. She was often accompanied by her mother in the new place. Even though her mother didn't talk much to her since she continued to do her work from home, Yumi appreciated having her mom there in case she felt pain or needed help grabbing quick things around the house.

*Time skip ahead to late November 2024*

Yumi had finished her ninth month of pregnancy and the last day of November caught up to them. However, the twins had not been born yet but Yumi was ready to go any day. Dr. Park said that if by the end of the first week of December the twins wouldn't come out on their own, they would have to provoke the birth or perform a c-section.

Jin's 32nd birthday on December fourth came up. Everyone in ARMY was excited because he would finally do a V-Live for his birthday unlike the last two years when he couldn't from being in the military. He originally opted out of the idea of doing a V-Live because of Yumi's pregnancy but everyone convinced him to do it to keep up the façade that everything was normal. Since Jin continued living in the dorms (also to keep up the façade), he did his V-Live from his room rather than one of the offices at HYBE. The other members had lightly decorated the background of his room with balloons and a birthday sign. Yumi managed to help her mother bake a cake for Jin's live that he would eat around the end of it.

When he began the stream at around 3 PM, millions of people tuned in, more than they had for any of his previous years. Everyone in the comments congratulated him, said he was missed dearly, praised the solo album he released, and overall were very happy to see him. He was also flooded with hearts and within minutes, he had about 3 million people watching him from all over the world. Meanwhile, Yumi was watching it with her mother in the living room of the new place. About a half hour into the livestream, Yumi felt the twins moving around a lot. Her mom was excited to see them in action.