Chapter 40: I Do

The morning of their wedding day, they drove to the venue which had rooms designed for the bride and groom to get ready with their respective courts of honor. They had to get ready several hours before the wedding because they were going to have a "first look." Yumi suggested it so she could cry all she wanted to before walking down the aisle and have enough time to get her makeup redone after ruining it with her tears. Jin agreed because he wanted to have a proper time to tell Yumi how wonderful she'd look before the chaos at the salon. After many hours of getting dressed, they went out to the altar to have their first look before the guests settled in.

Jin stood at the altar facing away from the entrance as Yumi walked in with her dress and veil. Yumi then told him to turn around. When he turned, he could not do anything but smile. She was wearing a very light pink dress that almost looked white with cherry blossoms as decorations. Her hair was done half up and half down with a crown holding her vail to her head.

When Yumi saw Jin, she smiled too and surprisingly did not cry as she thought she would

When Yumi saw Jin, she smiled too and surprisingly did not cry as she thought she would. She was in awe of how handsome her husband to be looked in a half white half black suit with heeled boots.

 She was in awe of how handsome her husband to be looked in a half white half black suit with heeled boots

"Wow," Jin finally said after staring at each other for about a minute, "You look stunning."

"You look so unbelievably handsome Jin. How did I get so lucky?"

"I don't have the answer to that question but what I can tell you is, everything was meant to be."

The photographer took some photos of them in their first look before they went back into their dressing rooms to allow the guests to fill up the seats. The ceremony went beautifully and everything worked out as planned. Jimin sang "Serendipity," everyone walked down the aisle, the guests admired Yumi walking down, and the ceremony ended with:

"Do you, Kim Seokjin, take Yumi to be your lawfully wedded wife?" the officiary asked.

"I do," he replied.

"And do you, Gwan Yumi, take Kim Seokjin to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I've waited 27 years for this moment, I do," Yumi replied with a huge smile.