Chapter 35: Trouble in Paradise

Yumi and Jin walked into their room and she sat down on the bed. Jin wanted to make plans for dinner with Yumi so he began to list some ideas of what they could eat. However, she was unresponsive and sat on the bed facing away from him with her arms crossed.

"What's wrong Yumi?" Jin asked her.

"I can't believe you Jin. Why would you ever think Jungkook was trying to take me away from you?" she asked him angrily.

"I'm sorry. That was out of line for me to do."

"Yeah sorry doesn't cut it Jin. You made Jungkook feel bad and me too! I told you how much it hurt me for you to think that way."

"What can I do to make it better?"

Yumi sat in silence and said nothing with her arms still crossed. Several minutes of silence went by before Jin sat down on the chair in front of her and spoke again.

"You're not...still in love with Jungkook too...are you?"

"Why would you think that?"

"The way you've been acting since he saved you is different...like your feelings for him came back or something. I don't know...maybe I'm overthinking it."

"I'll admit that my feelings of love and admiration for Jungkook have increased since then because I've always loved him since we broke up. That's why I've been acting differently."

"I understand, I'm sorry I overreacted."

"I forgive you Jin but please never do that again. Jealousy is not a good look on you."

"I promise."

Jin sat next to Yumi on the bed and held her hand before bringing up dinner again. That evening, Jungkook did not join them for dinner and he claimed it was because he was still full from the party earlier. In the morning, Yumi went to check on Jungkook in the guest room.

"Good morning Jungkook, Jin and I are making breakfast. Do you want anything in particular?" she asked from the door.

There was no response.

"Hello? Jungkook? Are you still sleeping?"

Still no response.

"Ok, I'm coming in."

She opened the door slowly and saw that the bed was made and Jungkook was nowhere to be found. She approached the bed and saw that Jungkook had left a note on top of the pillow.

"Dear Yumi and Jin,

I am sorry I caused you guys trouble by staying here to recover from my injury. I appreciate the hospitality but I think I have overstayed my welcome. I don't want to make my hyung uncomfortable and put you guys against each other. I went back to the dorms and the others will care for me. I'm almost healed to take the stitches out anyway, I'll be ok. Thanks once again for everything.

Kindly,

Jungkook"

Yumi was sad but she didn't cry. Instead, she was determined to go find him. She grabbed her shoes and the note before going to the front door. Jin saw her and asked what was going on.

"I'm going to find Jungkook," she said sternly.

"What do you mean? Isn't he in the room?" he asked, concerned.

"Read this, watch the kids, I'm borrowing the car, and I'll be back later."

Yumi walked out of the house leaving Jin to read the letter on his own in the kitchen. However, he couldn't spend much time thinking about it because the kids began to cry and he had to check on them. Meanwhile, Yumi arrived at the dorms and Jimin answered the door.