Chapter 25: Jin Returns

In the remaining month before Jin returned, Yumi and Jungkook were still good friends but they heavily toned it down with how much they were physically affectionate with one another. They still hugged a lot and cooked together but the other things they did were pretty much canceled. Jin was going to return on the first of February in the morning after Manager Sejin picked him up and dropped him off at the dorm. A couple weeks later, J-Hope and Yoongi would go for their two years. Everyone had agreed that they wanted to continue releasing solo music and Jin had told them he wanted to release a solo album to celebrate his return. Jimin would release his solo album the year afterwards since he and Namjoon would leave after J-Hope and Yoongi returned. They also said that they would start having individual fan meets potentially around the world to substitute touring and to give those who want to meet their bias a chance to do so. It would be a more affordable, easier, and less hectic way to interact with their fans.

On January 31st, Yumi stayed up late to make the place cleaner than normal and baked a cake for Jin's return. When she finished everything, she went to the living room to watch an episode of a K-drama she had started a little ago. Around one in the morning, Yumi heard a key messing with the lock of the front entrance and approached to see who it was.

"Did one of the guys leave and I didn't notice?" she questioned herself.

The door opened and in the shadows she saw a tall man and she thought it was Namjoon. But when the lights near the entrance turned on, she saw that it was actually Jin standing at the door with a suitcase next to him and a gym bag over his shoulder.

"Oh my god Jin! You're back!" Yumi said with amazement.

Jin instantly dropped his gym bag to the floor and gave her a big hug. Yumi wrapped her arms around Jin and rested her head on his chest and was able to hear his rapid heartbeat from the excitement and joy of seeing her. Yumi waited until he was ready to pull back from the hug and they were there for a while. When he pulled back, Yumi helped him bring in his suitcase and he picked up his gym bag from the floor and they quietly walked into Jin's room to leave his stuff in there before going back to the kitchen for Jin to have some water.

"I didn't expect you to be back until tomorrow morning," Yumi told him.

"Technically, it's one in the morning so it is the morning of February first," he said with a chuckle.

"You know what I meant. Why are you back early?"

"I had the option of leaving tonight or tomorrow morning and I asked to leave tonight. Manager Sejin wasn't too happy about it but he understood my urgency for coming back to the dorms."

"I'm not complaining at all. I was so anxious to see you that I couldn't sleep. Oh that reminds me!"

She turned around to walk to the fridge and took out the cake she made for him. It was a pink cake with white letters that said "Welcome Home Seokjin."

"You baked me a cake?"

"I had to entertain myself somehow while I was awake."

"What flavor is it?"

"It's a vanilla cake with real strawberries in the middle since I know you like strawberries and not strawberry flavored things."

"You really do get me. Can we...cut it now?"

"Sure! It is your cake after all! If you don't want to save it until everyone else is awake, we can have it now."

Jin grabbed a knife from the drawer and began to cut the cake into even slices so everyone else could have one when they woke up in the morning. As he cut the cake, Yumi was able to take in how much Jin had changed since he was in the military. He looked way more buff than two years ago; the shirt he wore was tight around his muscles and accentuated his broad shoulders. She got lost in his physique. As she was lost, Jin placed a slice on a plate and turned around to give it to her.

"Here's your slice," he told her with a smile.

She grabbed it from him in silence as her eyes were lost in his face. Jin then placed another slice for himself on an empty plate, grabbed two forks, and gave one to Yumi.

"So," Jin began, "I know I just got back but since we're alone...do you think we could talk about us?"

Jin's question caught her off guard and she snapped out of her trance.

"Umm I mean...sure if that's what you want to do, I am ok with it."

"Perfect. But before that, did you fully break off everything with Jungkook?"

"Yes, I did. It was hard but I did it. We're just friends now."

"Are you guys on good terms? You're both ok?"

"We are perfectly ok. In fact, I think we've grown closer after splitting up since our awkwardness from our relationship is gone. He'll always have a special place in my heart regardless of what we become in the future because...I don't know if you knew this but he was all of my firsts and people rarely forget their firsts."

Jin took in her statement and reflected on what that meant. He didn't mind that she would always remember him for being the first everything to her. All he cared about was that she would be with him from there on out.

"I'm glad you guys have been able to reconcile and stay friends. I was worried it would be hard on Jungkook."

"He was very mature about it but enough about Jungkook and me, let's talk about us. I thought that's what you wanted to do."

"Right. I think it's obvious that I want to be your boyfriend but I understand if you need some time to adjust to my return."

"Jin, I've waited two years for you to come back and you think I'm going to take more time to adjust? Hell no!"

"Ok, ok, ok. Let me do this the right way."

He set his plate down on the counter before getting down on one knee while facing Yumi and held her free hand.

"Will you, Yumi Gwan, allow me, World Wide Handsome Kim Seokjin, to be the man who makes you smile and protects you from anyone who makes you cry?"

"That was the cheesiest way to ask me to be your girlfriend but I accept anyway."

Jin stood up from having been on his knee and looked Yumi in the eyes as he still held her hand. They smiled at each other briefly before he let her finish the slice of cake. He placed his plate in the sink as she finished up and placed her's in afterwards. Jin then looked at Yumi and giggled a little.

"What's so funny?" she asked him.

"You have some frosting on your face."

"Oh god, how embarrassing."

She began to wipe her face with the back of her hand.

"You're hitting everywhere but the frosting."

"Ugh, where is it?"

"I'll get it for you."

He then grabbed a napkin from the counter and placed it on her chin but instead of wiping, he lifted her head up and leaned down to kiss her tenderly for a few seconds. Yumi accepted it and kissed him back before Jin pulled away.

"I uhh...wow...umm...did you get the frosting?" Yumi fumbled.

"There never was any frosting, but your lips were still sweet," he said and then winked at her.

"I totally believed you! How did you make it so believable?"

"Did you forget that I studied acting?"

Yumi giggled at his response.

"You sir, need to be in a k-drama."

"Yumi, I already lived through a k-drama with you. Only thing is, I wasn't second leaded."

"Oh you," Yumi said, "We should head to bed. I'm sure you will need a lot of energy when the others wake up and ask you questions."

"No, I'll need it to cook breakfast with you and Jungkook."

They then walked to the hallway hand in hand before wishing one another a goodnight and sleeping in their respective rooms.