Chapter 17: Valentine's Day

*Time skip ahead to mid February*

Since Jin had left, the remaining six members worked on their own music and some of them decided to drop mixtapes for the time being. Taehyung wanted to release his first and then Jungkook would release his the year afterwards. The rest of them would release singles for the following two years. They also would continue filming "Run BTS" without Jin and do V-Lives on occasion; this way, ARMY would continue receiving content but not from them as a whole group.

Yumi on the other hand had been way more romantic with Jungkook since Jin was gone and they spent almost every moment they could together. They had never established that they were in a relationship but her mother and grandmother along with the other members kept saying they were in one and they just accepted the idea. She wanted to celebrate her relationship of two weeks (and solidify it a little more) by making Jungkook a surprise dinner for Valentine's Day. She asked the other five, in secret, to please make plans to have dinner in an idol only restaurant so she and Jungkook could have the house at least during their meal. They agreed and when Jungkook was in the studio for most of Valentine's Day, she took the opportunity to cook while everyone was gone. She made all of his favorite foods; dumplings, cubed cheese, sashimi, cut up melon and apple mango, and lastly she made banana milk from scratch.

When Jungkook arrived, the living room lights were dimmed, soft romantic Korean songs played in the background, and he saw the table decorated with the food and some candles. Yumi was standing at the corner of the table and welcomed him in. She was wearing a short dress and had a flower in her hair (rather than her normal attire which consisted of a t-shirt and pants with her hair in a ponytail).

"What is all this?" Jungkook asked.

"It's to celebrate Valentine's Day. We never really established that we're a couple so I wanted to solidify that tonight," she replied.

"I feel...underdressed."

"You're fine, don't worry about it, I think I dolled up a little too much."

"You look beautiful as usual," he told her with a smile and Yumi blushed in response.

She invited him to have a seat at the table and she sat across from him.

"You made all my favorite foods," he said as he admired the food in front of him, "Is this fresh banana milk?"

"Yes it is! I know how much you love it."

"Where did you get the recipe?"

"Jin and I were going to make it for your birthday but then you all toured and we never made it; it's his recipe."

"Ah my hyung, always with the great recipes."

"Yeah but anyway, feel free to dig in."

Jungkook and Yumi served themselves food and chatted about solidifying their relationship. They established between each other that they were now a couple and what that meant for them. They decided to keep it a secret from the media to not cause any scandals or anything like that. Nobody in ARMY knew that Yumi was with BTS as their chef given that she was never seen in public with them and they wanted to keep it that way for as long as possible. Once they finished talking about that, Jungkook changed the subject.

"I'm sorry I didn't get you anything for Valentine's Day," he said.

"It's alright, I really didn't plan on this happening until a couple days ago."

"Yeah but you still did something and I have nothing."

She reached across the table to hold his hand.

"You don't need to get me gifts, I am happy just being your girlfriend and spending time together."

He squeezed her hand tightly.

"I promise I will make it up to you. In fact, let me start right now."

He got up from the table and connected his phone to the bluetooth speaker Yumi was using to play music. He then queued his cover of "10000 Hours" (originally performed by Justin Bieber and Dan + Shay) and invited Yumi to dance. She took his hand and he led her to the living room and gently placed her hands on his shoulders and he placed his hands on her waist. As they swayed, Jungkook couldn't help but smile while looking into Yumi's eyes as she smiled back at him. Around halfway through the song, he began to sing along with himself and Yumi almost began to cry at his gesture. She rested her head on his chest and felt the vibrations through his body as he continued singing. When the song ended, they looked at each other for several seconds before Jungkook leaned down and kissed her gently.

"Aww" they heard from the entrance and it made both of them jump a little. They turned to face the door and saw that the other members had returned from their dinner.

"Taehyung! You blew our cover! They weren't supposed to know we were watching them," Namjoon exclaimed.

"How long have you guys been standing there?" Yumi asked them.

"We came in during your dance and didn't want to disturb until it was over," J-Hope said.

"So you guys just watched us?" Jungkook added.

They all nodded in response.

"Hyungs, you're all so weird," he told them as he giggled.

They all helped Yumi and Jungkook clean up the table and put away the leftover food. Jungkook kissed Yumi goodnight before going to sleep. Jimin stayed behind and asked Yumi to talk in his room. They walked in and he invited her to have a seat at his desk chair.

"Everything ok Jimin?" she asked him kindly.

"Why are you dating Jungkook?" Jimin asked.

"I like him?...what else do you want me to tell you?"

"You're not only dating him because you knew Jin was going to leave for the military, right?"

"I don't know exactly what you're insinuating, but I no longer have feelings for Jin."

"Are you sure you genuinely like Jungkook or you only chose him because he's shown you more attention and you wouldn't miss him for two years, unlike Jin?"

"Jimin, with all due respect, this is highly inappropriate of you to ask me. I am no longer continuing this conversation."

She annoyingly got up from the desk chair and headed for the door. As soon as she placed her hand on the doorknob, Jimin spoke again.

"Think about it Yumi, if you're having doubts about your feelings for Jin now, leave Jungkook before you hurt him."

She turned to face him again.

"I am perfectly in tune with my feelings."

"You say that now that Jin is gone, but when he comes back, all those feelings will flood back in, hurting Jungkook in the process."

"If you're so worried about this, then why didn't you tell me the day after Jin left?"

"I thought you would've come to this conclusion on your own, but seeing that you haven't, I'm telling you."

Yumi let out a loud sigh before continuing.

"I appreciate your concern, but I won't hurt Jungkook. I no longer feel anything for Jin and when I see him again in two years, we will be friends as usual. If I ever do break up with Jungkook, it won't be because of Jin."

"Can you promise it won't be because of Jin?"

Yumi's heart stopped for a second as she heard the word "promise" come out of Jimin's mouth. She stood in silence for several seconds staring at him blankly as he crossed his arms. She finally spoke and said, "Have a goodnight Jimin," before walking out of the room.

"That's what I thought," Jimin thought to himself.