Chapter 8: I Don't Know

Several days went by and Jin had a conversation with J-Hope about Jungkook and his feelings for Yumi. J-Hope asked him to give Jungkook a chance to confess his feelings for her so they could maybe see where it goes. In order to help Jungkook, he decided to not help them cook lunch for one day so that he would have a chance to talk to her.

"Hey guys, I came in to tell you that I need to work on some songs so I won't be helping you with lunch today; maybe dinner but we'll see how my timing is," Jin kindly told them.

"Can you let the others know that lunch will take a bit longer then since there's only two of us?" Yumi asked him.

"Sure, I'll let them know. You kids have fun!"

Jin looked over at Jungkook when Yumi turned around and gave him a wink before leaving. Jungkook was a little confused at first but then he realized that he was going to be alone with Yumi for the first time in the kitchen and he kind of panicked. He then got a text from J-Hope on his phone which read "Take this opportunity and tell her how you feel."

"I will get them both back for this later," he thought to himself, "But they're right. She's been with us for almost a year and I still haven't told her anything. I should do it."

He turned to face Yumi to tell her his feelings but she handed him a huge bowl with ingredients for pasta.

"You'll be making the pasta while I make the salad and garlic bread, sound good?" she told him with a smile.

Jungkook smiled and Yumi turned on the speaker to listen to music as usual. She began to chop the vegetables for the salad and the garlic to make the garlic spread for the bread. Eventually, the pasta was boiling, the bread was baking, and they had some time to break before both items were done.

"So, how's the album been going?" Yumi asked to pass the time.

"It's going well, it looks like I'll be the director for one of the music videos," he replied.

"Wow that must be fun! Do you have any experience directing?"

"Not really, but they told me that they trust in my artistic abilities to make me the director."

"Which song will you be directing the music video for?"

"We're not sure yet because we don't know which song we want to produce a music video for but it seems like either 'Life Goes On' or 'Telepathy' will be the song I end up directing."

"I haven't heard either of them yet but I'm sure they will be amazing."

"You're amazing."

Yumi looked up at him in shock.

"Excuse me, come again?" she asked.

"I said, you're amazing."

"Thank you Jungkook, that's very sweet of you to say."

"Yumi, I need to tell you something really important."

"You have until the pasta is done boiling," she giggled.

Jungkook took a deep breath and coincidentally, "Euphoria" began to play softly in the background from the speaker.

"I really like you Yumi and I have since the moment we met. I never said anything because it never seemed like the right time or I fumbled my words. But now that we've known each other for about a year and I've been helping you in the kitchen a lot, I can finally tell you how I feel."

Yumi blushed at his comment knowing that it was going to come someday.

"I don't know what to tell you Jungkook," she managed to say.