Chapter 26: Surprises

In the morning, Jungkook was shocked to see Jin back already and helping them with breakfast. Jungkook, despite everything that happened, missed Jin a lot and made sure to express those feelings. Jin told him he missed him too and that he loved the mixtape he had released. He was able to listen to it on the ride back home with Manager Sejin. They cooked breakfast together as they jammed to their music as usual. They all felt exactly like the way it was two years ago before everything changed between them and it was a true bliss in the kitchen. They began to laugh and yell so loud that they woke up everyone in the house before breakfast was even done.

"Jin you're back!" Jimin exclaimed when he saw him in the kitchen.

"Jin is back already?" the others asked from down the hallway.

Jin moved away from the stove and the knives because he knew what was coming for him. As expected, the others ran to give him a group hug and almost tackled him in the process. Jin then asked them to set up the table while they finished up cooking breakfast and the muffins finished baking in the oven. When the food was ready, everyone at the table asked Jin questions about his experience in the military, especially J-Hope and Yoongi since they were next. They finished off with everyone else eating their slices of the cake Yumi had made for Jin's return.

After breakfast, the boys went into Namjoon's room and took out a gigantic gift bag and handed it to Jin as a welcome back present.

"Aww you guys didn't have to get me anything!" he said with a smile.

"We wanted to welcome our hyung home the proper way," Taehyung stated.

"Yumi, how did you keep this a secret from me last night?" Jin asked.

"Don't look at me," she said, "I'm just as surprised as you are. I have no idea what it is."

He opened the giant bag but inside was a small box in gift wrap.

"Why the giant bag for this tiny thing?" he told them.

"We wanted to throw you off," Namjoon commented.

He unwrapped the box and saw that it was one of the newest Super Mario games released by Nintendo in the time that he was enlisted.

"Oh my god you guys! I wanted this game as soon as I heard of it when I was in the military! I planned on buying it as soon as I got back! How did you guys know I'd want this?" Jin exclaimed.

"You love video games hyung, we knew you would love it," Jungkook replied.

They all gave him a group hug again as Jin thanked them deeply for the amazing welcome back.

About a week later, J-Hope and Yoongi were off for their two years and left the remaining five members behind with Yumi. With two less members in the house, the place seemed much quieter and emptier. The only benefit Yumi had found by them being gone is that she had to cook for less people. Jungkook had been dying to try out the game they bought for Jin on his own Switch so Jin let him borrow it to play. He played while Jin and Yumi cooked the meals in the kitchen. However, one evening, before dinner time, Jin knocked on Yumi's bedroom door and she let him in.

"What's good Jin?" Yumi said.

"You trust me right?" he replied.

"Of course, what's up?"

"Put on a fancy dress and meet me outside in like 20 minutes, ok?"

Yumi was skeptical but agreed. She put on the only fancy dress she had on her that she hadn't worn since her grandmother's party the previous year. After about 20 minutes, she walked out onto the hallway and Jin was standing in a black suit with a white button up shirt, a black tie, and black heeled boots.