Chapter 10: Abyss

*Time skip ahead to early November 2020*

Ever since Jin told Yumi he didn't like her back, he slowly removed himself from the kitchen and began to help out less. Jungkook and Yumi constantly flirted with one another or played around in the kitchen as they cooked. Now, a few days after Yoongi had his shoulder surgery and commenced his recovery period, everyone was preparing for the release of their newest album "BE" on the 20th. They had been busier than usual with the photoshoot for the album, producing a music video for "Life Goes On," rehearsing for the 2020 MMA and the 2020 MAMA, going to interviews, and so on. Even though Jungkook and Jin occasionally helped her cook, it was mostly just her making meals on her own for them to eat when they got back from work. She began making food only for herself at lunch time like she used to before the pandemic started.

However, now that Yoongi had started his recovery, she prepared lunch for herself and him since they were the only two in the house during that time. Yumi and Yoongi got to know each other better in the time that they had alone during their lunch since he didn't talk much when the others were around. Yoongi talked about how he was sad that he couldn't join them on many important interviews and promotional content but that he was glad he had time to rest, work on his guitar skills, and make more music. He even picked up painting a little. Sometimes, he even kept Yumi company in the kitchen while she cooked so she wouldn't feel lonely. He apologized that he couldn't help her and she always told him it was ok because she didn't want to strain his shoulder.

Around this time, Jin had been going to therapy for a while because he was feeling burnt out and underappreciated. Mr. Bang suggested he write a song to express his feelings about what he was going through since Jin kept his negative feelings a secret from ARMY but he liked to express his thoughts through music. He spent a lot of time alone in his room and avoided the others as much as he could because he didn't want to pass on his negative vibes. At meals, he always had a smile and it seemed like everything was ok even though deep down, everyone knew he was going through stuff.

Anyway, in December, Jin released a song titled "Abyss" in which he expressed his feelings of sadness and wanting to be surrounded by darkness. At an interview, he expressed that it was to symbolize his feelings of being burnt out and self doubt about his talent. But, that was not the true meaning of the song, he kept it a secret.

Author's Note: I know that what I am going to say about the song is not what it is actually about but the lyrics fit well with the theme of my story so I'm going to make it work. However, if you do want to know the real meaning behind the song, feel free to look up the lyrics on your own time.

In the song, he talks about walking into a sea and the deeper he goes into it, the darker it gets. The sea is created from his tears due to crying about Yumi and her growing relationship with Jungkook. The "you" in the song is Yumi and he wants to get closer to her but it seems like the more he gets closer, the further into the darkness she gets because she's getting closer to Jungkook. So essentially, the darkness is her relationship with Jungkook and the more he tries to approach her, the deeper into the darkness he goes. When he says that his "voice won't come out," he is saying that he won't tell Yumi her true feelings even though he wants to. Overall, the song is about his feelings for Yumi with the use of metaphors. Even though that is how he truly felt, he didn't share the meaning for fear of causing problems with Jungkook.

December went by, they celebrated Jin and Taheyung's birthdays, they prepared and performed at the 2021 New Year's Eve Live, and began the new year. They continued working as usual, Yoongi slowly rejoined them in their activities, and they began to work on a new album to be released in May. They were also nominated for the 2021 Grammy's (but sadly did not win in their category), released a music video for their title track "Film Out," Big Hit Entertainment changed their name to Hybe Labels, and a lot of new things were going on. The pandemic was coming to an end it seemed and maybe they would be able to tour around the end of the year, starting about September.