Chapter 36: Reconnecting

A couple weeks went by while Jungkook was in Japan and Jin had his audition for a side part in a k-drama. Yumi wanted to go with Jin to support him; Minji watched the twins for the time being. The audition went well and the director and casting staff said that he did an amazing job but might be too good for the part he auditioned for and that they would keep in touch. Afterwards, Jin and Yumi went to get dinner in a private section of a fancy Korean restaurant in which they had a nice rooftop view of Seoul and the night was illuminated by the city lights and stars.

"Now that we're parents, we rarely get to go on dates like this," Yumi pointed out.

"That's true, when even was the last time we went on a date like this?" Jin asked.

"I can't remember, I'm pretty sure it was before the twins were born."

"Wow, it's been that long?"

"Except the one night the guys took over and we got to go to the hotel and slept for most of the day before having dinner together."

"I guess so, but I wouldn't count that as a date since it was more of a resting day and we looked a mess."

Yumi giggled as a response.

"Do you know why I made these dinner plans tonight?" Jin asked her.

"To celebrate your audition, right?"

"Partially yes, but also because we've been together for a year and a half, we have two beautiful children, and I know we said we'd wait but, I cannot wait any longer."

Jin sat up from the table and pulled a box out of his coat pocket, bent down on one knee, and opened it to reveal a gorgeous silver diamond engagement ring. Yumi began to tear up realizing what was going on.

"Ever since we met six years ago, my life has been filled with a joy I cannot describe. It was a rough time getting together especially since we were separated for two years but even through all of that, we somehow managed to wait for each other. We became parents so suddenly but it felt right. Now that we're settled down, I think it's time we officially became a married couple rather than appear as one. Will you marry me Yumi?"

"Oh my god Jin," Yumi said with happy tears, "This is so unexpected but I accept! I didn't want to say anything but I couldn't wait either!"

Jin gently placed the ring on Yumi's hand before holding it and reseating himself across the table from her.

"I thought you wanted all the members to be at our wedding. Hoseok and Yoongi aren't back yet and then Jimin and Namjoon leave when they return," Yumi pointed out.

"They're back on the first of February like I was when I came back and then at the end of that week Namjoon and Jimin leave. We can have the wedding during that week so everyone is able to attend! It works out just fine."

"So that gives us four months to plan a wedding...is that enough time?"

"You forget that I am a celebrity and I can hire literally anyone to do all the planning for us. I've never used my celebrity power to my advantage but I will just this once for you."

"We should make a guest list when we get home, that would be a good start so we know how big or small of a venue we'll need."

Jin agreed and they wrapped up their dinner before going back to their house. The babies were asleep already after Minji bottle fed them. They thanked her for watching the kids and sat down at the dining table to list the people they wanted to invite.

"I'll invite my parents, my siblings, my aunts and uncles, my cousins, my friends, the other members, some idols I talk to, and maybe the boys will invite some of their friends too. That's all for me. How about you?" Jin said.