work surprise

working at retail is never easy. faking every ounce of happiness. i take a final breath of fresh air before entering homegoods. the sliding doors open, now having to conceal. 
i head to the back, clocking into my shift. quickly heading back to the front seeing what tasks have to be done
"y/n you're on the floor tonight" my manger says
i nod and proceed to head over to pillows, fixing and tidying up the isle.

No matter what nothing is ever good enough for them. But I proceed to have a positive outlook throughout this time of hopelessness. Ive been in a funk for awhile now, not really having time to "get my act together" because ive been so booked. Constantly scheduled for work, unable to incorporate "self care" into my schedule.

The middle section of the store looked absolutely flawless after me going over for hours fixing what has been destroyed throughout the day.

8:00 pm

Hours later my stomach started to rumble, after not consuming anything all day.

Its time to go on my break, I enter the break room to finally being able to check my phone...

Logan: hey 

Logan: everything okay? :(

I smile at the phone, replying

Me: yea, why?

Logan: cuz, idk you seem off...

He replies immediately, he always does... Hes always a good texter. Id prefer to see his face rn though. 

Logan: y/n

Me: yeah?

Logan: youre on your break right?

Me: Yes. 

Logan: please come outside :)

Without hesitation I storm outside. Seeing a tall figure in the distance, smiling.

We lock finger and walk to the side of the store.

"you didn't say goodbye" he plumps his lips expecting a kiss

"I know, im sorry I was running late" I huffed as I plotted a kiss on his lips

He kisses back, wanting more

Moments later I pull away from the kiss, anxious people would see. 

Him knowing PDA isn't my thing he pulls us farther to the side. guaranteed no one can see us. 

Attaching his lips on my neck. He sneaks in a few before pulling away.

I turn my face away hiding the prominate blush spreading across my face. Walking back into the store with a smile on my face, my face practically glowing.