MARRIED LIFE IS FANTASTIC, THEY SAID

You sighed. Why? Because author-chan started writing your life with Gintoki while only having watched 17 episodes, and having met with no spoilers. Why is she doing this? You think.

Because she has no self control, of course.

You'd been cutting vegetables when the door to your house was slid open, along with a loud groan from Gintoki. "You're late," you commented, as you continued cutting the food, paying no attention to his still-being-dragged-out groan. "Did you earn anything today?" You asked, raising your voice to be heard above his groaning.

He didn't answer, simply continuing with the drawn out, "Ughhhhhhh." A moment later, when you got tired of it, you threw the knife you'd been using to cut the vegetables, at him. Of course, it hit the couch instead of him, because your aim was completely horrible and we can't have you killing off Gintoki in the first chapter.

"That could have hit me!" He yelled, outraged, as he finally stopped groaning.

"You know it wouldn't," you shot back, going over to the couch to get your knife. "Now answer my question," you pulled the knife out of the couch and held it up to his throat. "Why are you so late?"

"You're insane, woman," Gintoki complained, pressing himself against the couch to get farther away from the knife. "What, were you raised by a gorilla to be this violent?"

"Gin"-

He gently placed his hand on yours, and lowered the knife, sighing in relief as your hold on the knife became a bit loose. "I was helping someone. DIdn't get any money though."

You raised your knife again but Gintoki quickly pushed it down again. "It was a kid!" He defended, defusing your violence again.

You lowered your knife, sighing. "You better not be lying. But you not making money is going to be a nuisance; Otose's going to ask for the rent next week."

"Y/N, have I told you how much I love"-

"It's your turn to deal with her, I won't budge like last time."

Gintoki groaned again, while you ignored him and went to go wash the knife. When you opened the tap, a small water droplet came out. And another. And another. Yet not enough water. "Gintoki, darling?"

Gintoki paused his groaning to answer you. "Yes?"

"You better grovel well next week, because we need water."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

At night, while Gintoki had his arms wrapped around you, pressing your back to his front, you smiled. Ever since your marriage, only around a year ago, you'd begun acting like an old lady. It was true that marriage wasn't all sunshine and rainbows. Being married to Gintoki- who was not quite the romantic- rubbed off on you. That wasn't a good thing.

As your eyes drooped, your exhaustion catching up to you, Gintoki muttered, "Also I hired a kid and he might stay over with us sometimes, good night, love you."

Your eyes shot open and you tried to turn around. "Excuse me?!"

Gintoki turned you around again, pressing some of his weight on you so you'd stay down. "Good night, love you."

"You hired a kid?! We can't even pay rent, much less split costs and pay people! Are you out of your damn mind Gintoki?!"

He hushed you as you kept mumbling your complaints, your voice slowly going away as his hush went on. "You like kids, I thought you'd be more happy about this."

"I only like them when they give me money," you muttered. "Not when I have to give money to them. What's the kids name?"

"Shishi," he said.

"Shishi?" You asked, to make sure you got it right.

"Shishi."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

You bowed your head, smiling. "Hi, you must be Shishi!"

"Um.. I think you have the wrong person ma'am." Your eye twitched, but you kept the smile. After humming in confusion, the boy corrected you. "It's Shimura ma'am. Shimura Shinpachi."

"Ah, well, Gintoki here," you gestured to the man laying down on the couch like he had nothing to do; and he was right, he had nothing to do. "Seems to really like you. Already referring to you with nicknames, and all."

"Oh? Well, I prefer Shinpachi ma'a"-

"And I prefer Y/N," you bowed your head again. "Nice to meet you Shinpachi."

He bowed a bit lower... he made your age difference very obvious. "Nice to meet you Y/N-san."

"Before you start," you narrowed your eyes at the young boy. "Are you sure you want to work here?"

"Um..." The boy seemed hesitant. "Yes."

You leaned closer. "You're absolutely sure? You don't seem like it."

"Y-Yes I am, ma'a- Y/N-san!"

You leaned back, squinting your eyes to the point you were straining them. He stared back at you, trying to be as intense. A few seconds later, you stopped, and Shinpachi sighed in relief. "Alright, but good luck. Gintoki's hard to work with. Or live with. Or get along with."

"Don't drive business away!" Gintoki yelled at you from the couch. "She's just mad because she's refusing se-!"

"Fix your breath and maybe I'll stop being so mad!"

"Huh? Fix your... your..." Gintoki scratched his chin. "There's nothing about your looks that are bad- not Ketsuno Ana level but not bad." You bit the inside of your cheek in annoyance. "The anger issues are kinda sexy sometimes... but not when their not used for sex so..."

"We have a child here!" You yelled at him, rolling your eyes as you walked away, heading towards your room.

"Fix your personality!" He finally decided on yelling.

"Sure! Once you fix your hair!" You yelled before slamming the door to your room shut, the only sound after that being Gintoki's loud gasp.

Shinpachi seemed stunned into silence.