KAGURA IS SUPER DUPER SMART BUT DOESN'T GET CREDIT

"Y/N-chan?" You looked up at Kagura after taking a sip from your drink, and nodded. "Are you and Gin-chan still fighting?"

"Kagura! You can't ask her that!" Shinpachi scolded Kagura.

"What? Y/N-chan said I could ask her anything."

You bit your lip. "Yeah, she's right Shinpachi, it's fine." As you sighed, looking down at your hands, Kagura stuck her tongue out at Shinpachi. He went to go yell at her more, but was immediately shut up by the sharp pinch on his thigh once you looked up at them again.

"We're still fighting, kinda." You pressed your lips together. "Sorry about that."

"Ow, ow, ow, Kagura let go!" Shinpachi hissed before turning to you. "No, it's fine Y/N-san. We understand that this stuff happens. We're sorry about intruding your home all the time."

"What are you talking about?" You asked, a bit surprised he still considered it that. "This is your home too, okay guys? You're allowed to stay here whenever you want because it's your place to live. You're not intruding anywhere."

Shinpachi and Kagura smiled, glancing at each other, before nodding.

You and Gintoki cared too much about family.

Whatever problem the two of you may have, it was sure to be solved.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"You..." Gintoki paused before continuing, trying to make everything he said concise. "You already went to the hospital?"

"Yeah," you answered slowly. "Sorry I didn't tell you before hand, but I just didn't want to worry you. You get that right? You're like that too."

Gintoki kissed his teeth. "Sure. But I thought we'd had this talk before? About telling each other things from now on? What happened to that?"

"I... C'mon Gin, it was just this one time."

"But you haven't been feeling well for a while."

"Gintoki, we just went over this! Don't start an argument again, you just said you'd listen."

"I am listening!" Gintoki insisted. "You're not compromising! I've asked you a bunch of times, if you were feeling well, and you lied to me every time! You knew you were unwell, lied to my face about it and went to go fix it by yourself. I get you're a doctor, and I'm not. I can't really do anything about it but knowing about my wife's health is important to me!"

"I'm not..." You bit your lip, stopping yourself. Gintoki had a sharp tongue, he didn't really have a filter, especially during arguments. You had to be the one to balance it out. "Gin. I really, really just didn't want to worry you."

"That's not going to change the fact that you already did. I mean... you know the feeling right? Seeing you passed out on the floor freaked me out." Gintoki licked his lips, before sighing and looking away. "I'm going to get some water. You want some?"

You shook your head, despite the fact that you did kind of want some.

"Thanks for worrying."

"Kagura-chan?"

Kagura, Shinpachi and Gintoki turned around and quickly hushed you. Once they realized it was you, Gintoki looked away, back at whatever they were staring at and Shinpachi looked at you, confused. Kagura smiled brightly.