READER IS AN AWESOME SURGEON AND GIN IS ALWAYS GETTING BOCKCLOCKED

"What are you doing?! Move!"

"I'm sorry Takasugi-san but she's working right now, please don't interrupt her"-

"Move!" You heard a crash but you ignored it because you were elbow deep in an almost dead man's body, and you were going to help him live, because he had a home, he had a family, he had a life, and he deserved to live that life. No stupid samurai code would stop you.

"Oi, you, stop!" You kept doing your work, focusing to not make a single mistake, not make even a little wrong move. "Did you hear me"-

"I heard you loud and clear," you answered, your words rushed. This wasn't an OR after all, it was the battle field. Everything was loud and quick, it hurt your head and happened in a flash.

"Then stop! Let him die in a noble way!"

You looked up at him now. You knew who Takasugi was, you'd seen him in battle quite a lot, and you'd heard of his close comrades. Rumours were always quick to be spread because there was so few.

"It's what he wants!" Takasugi yelled, as if that would stop you.

"I don't care about what he wants," you spat. Good thing you wore the mask. You looked over to the nurse next to you. "Make sure he lives." They nodded and quickly took the position you were in, as you stomped over to Takasugi, ripping your mask off.

"I don't care what he wants," you reiterated. "I don't care about you samurai or your stupid moral codes. I care about getting people to live, about them being alive to see the better things in life, I don't want them to leave their families when there is a chance, however small it may be, that they can live, even if it's barely long enough for them to say goodbye one more time. That's what I do, I don't give a shit about what he wants, much less what you want. I'm giving him and everyone else that I try and save, another chance at life, and that's what you all need."

Takasugi's eyebrows furrowed, and he spoke in a low voice, to match your more professional passive-agressive tone. "He committed seppuku, he knew what he was getting into"-

"No he didn't," you interrupted, jaw clenched. "The man on that laughable thing we call a table, is a father. I don't care what he does, as long as he doesn't leave his son. I'm going to make sure he lives, lives with the shame that he was about to leave his own family like that, from his own will. Not everyone is that lucky. I'm making sure he realizes that."

Takasugi glared at you but didn't speak. It was hard to explain things to someone who wasn't a samurai. "Look here," you placed your mask back on, looking at him pointedly. "You leave me and my patients alone, but I won't touch you if you commit seppuku. I let you and your stupid choice be stupid."

Takasugi let out a bitter laugh. "How the hell are you a doctor?"

"Hell if I know."

Takasugi let out a bitter huff, sounding like a laugh, making you gulp. "To think the man they called Shiroyasha would let someone attack him from behind. Gintoki, have you lost your edge?" His eyes darted to you, who stared at him right back. You couldn't make yourself glare though; you wondered if your shock showed as much as you felt it.

"Did she do that to you?"

"What're you doing in a place like this?" Gintoki asked.

"Just shut up and watch. An incredibly fun show is about to begin."

You knew you should leave. Leaving Gintoki wasn't something you wanted to do, though. So, you kept your legs planted on the floor. As you grit your teeth, Saburo pointed his robot arm at the crowd, the one he'd been using to fire the fireworks. You gasped as he blasted something, which hadn't hit where you were but the stands behind you.

The crowd immediately started running, bumping your shoulder as they did so. Just barely, you'd caught a glimpse of Gintoki as he looked over at you before quickly diverting his eyes to Takasugi, who he needed to keep his eyes on to look for an opening.

It was too brief of a look, and there were too many people bumping into you as they ran away, for you to discern what he wanted. Did he want you to run away with the rest of the crowd? Of course, you wouldn't do that. Or did he want you to get help?

Of course! You'd almost forgot about Kagura and Shinpachi! "How could I," you muttered along with a curse when someone had bumped to you harder than the other people had.

You looked back at Gintoki and Takasugi. Most of the chaotic crowd were behind you now, but they were still pretty loud, and the two samurai were talking quietly so you couldn't hear a word. Your eyes looked down to make sure Takasugi hadn't stabbed Gintoki in the back, or anything.

You took a deep breath in and ran off. "Be safe Gin!" You yelled while running, not looking back because you knew if you did you'd want to stay and keep making sure he was alright. But it was Gintoki. Of course he'd be alright.

"Go home!" You heard him yell. Fuck. You stopped running. You didn't look back though, so you had some will. "They're alright!"

By they, you knew he meant Kagura and Shinpachi.

"You better have no injuries!" you yelled back, still not turning around to look at him.

"No promises!"  You turned half way but stopped yourself. "See you at home!"

You looked forwards, and ran off. "Love you!"

While running, you turned your head to see Gintoki running too. He was too far away to have heard you. Too bad.

"I thought I told you to wait at home!" Gintoki yelled when he saw you, standing right outside the entrance to the festival. You ran up to him right away, and reached up to grab a fistful of his disgusting perm, pushing his head forwards so his lips could meet yours. One of Gintoki's hands snaked around your waist and pulled you closer to him.

"Ew, Y/N-chan, why would you kiss Gin-chan with his fish breath!"

You immediately broke the kiss to move your face away from Gin's and burst into laughter. "Ever since we got Kagura, I've been cockblocked every other day," Gintoki muttered so only you could hear.

"Every other day makes up for it," you said as you had finished your fit of laughter.

"That's not enough," Gintoki whined.

"That's pretty good, considering your fish breath," Shinpachi spoke up while walking past the two fo you with Kagura besides him.

"What was that word Gin-chan said? Bockclocked?"