ITS THE EPISODE THAT INSPIRED THE FANFIC AND MANY TIME SKIPS

You burst out laughing as the tv program took a break. Your colleagues looked at you as if you were mad. Yamamoto spoke up, to your dismay. "Your family is quite... interesting, Sakata-sensei."

"I wouldn't trade them for the universe," you smiled, thinking of the mess they'd made on television.

"Did you have children at a young age, Sakata-sensei?" The nurse next to you asked.

You shook your head, a little laugh leaving your lips. "Oh no, they're not my... well, we adopted them. Sort of."

"Oh?" The nurse smiled politely, but you assumed she was judging you. It didn't matter though. You had the perfect little family, despite how unbelievably chaotic they were.

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

You sulked as your mother yelled at Hiraga from outside his junk garage. Yes, you didn't enjoy the noise very much either, but that didn't mean you wanted to be confrontational and yell at him about it. Well, technically, despite the fact you were dragged here to protest as well, Otose was the one doing all the yelling. All the older women also glared at his workshop menacingly. To tell the truth, the very obvious truth, you were very out of place.

"Maybe we should just leave him be," you said, keeping your voice low so only Otose would hear you. "He is the top inventor in Edo."

Otose clicked her tongue while taking out a cigarette. "I don't give a damn if he's the top inventor in Edo! He builds nothing but junk. The Kabukicho Block Association has had enough!" She lowered her cigarette from her lips and called, "Go get em, men!"

You looked back to see Yorozuya. Of course. With speakers and a microphone. Of course. Beat fire with fire, they say. You always found that saying stupid. And in the situation where they were deciding to beat noise with noise, you found that saying even more stupid.

And, of course, Shinpachi starts screaming "Cho cho meeeeeeee!" Everyone slaps their hands over their ears in horror. Otose was yelling at Gintoki but you couldn't hear over all the noise.

Of course, when Shinpachi didn't listen to Kagura, who wanted to sing next, they started arguing. Of course, in the end, Gintoki and Otose joined in the fight. You shook your head sighing. How you were related to them in any way was a mystery to you. How Otose was your mother and not Gintoki's, shocked you even more.

You were taken out of your thoughts when the garage door opened, revealing a huge robot. The robot grabbed Gintoki's head and lifted him up, causing gasps to be let out in the crowd. "You're taking my head off!" Gintoki yelled, grabbing at the robots fingers while struggling. "I said you're taking my head off Hiraga-san!"

The crowd of older women ran away at the sight- which relieved you honestly- and an older man from behind the robot yelled at your small group that was still here. "Idiots! I'm Hiraga. You brats are making a terrible racket in front of my house. Think about all the trouble you're causing the neighborhood!"

You stifled a laugh at his words, while Shinpachi and Kagura tried to pull Gintoki down. Otose corrected him. "That's you, old man!" She doesn't really have the place to say that, you thought. "The racket you're making is driving everyone in this neighborhood crazy!"

You sighed and decided to tune out their conversation, not wanting to be involved with it. Instead you watched as the robot swung Gintoki around, squinting at the robot to try and find something that would turn it off.

The robot- called Saburo, if you heard right- listened to the order of Hiraga to kick 'them' out- and threw (yes, threw) Gintoki into Hiraga. It knocked the older man unconscious. "Is he alright?" Kagura asked, from behind you as you went to check on him and Gintoki.