THE NEW GIRL EATS EVERYTHING AND WE'LL BE IN DEBT

"HEY GINTOKI!" Otose's yell practically shook the whole city.

You blocked out their fighting, by covering your ears with a pillow while turning on the television. It was the weather, with Ketsuno Ana. You liked the girl, she was pretty and seemed sweet. Did that mean, sometimes, you were slightly jealous- only slightly- of the affection your husband held for her? You'd like to say no, you would say no, but deep down you knew that was very untrue.

"Y/N!" You heard Gintoki yell. "Help me with the old hag!"

You didn't answer, leaving them to their yells. Your curiosity was slightly peaked when you heard a crash, and the added yelling of Shinpachi, but at this point it wasn't too odd. Otose brushed her hands. You didn't realize she'd stepped into your home, until she pulled the pillow covering your ears and interrupted you watching the news (And glaring at Ketsuno Ana).

"Otose!" You whined, reaching for your pillow.

She glared down at you. "I deal with you not calling me by the proper name- but rent is a different story. Make your husband do some work, will you?"

"That's impossible," you sighed.

While you didn't look it, you were part of Otose's gene pool. No one knew, not even Gintoki, because the two of you did well to hide it. When Gintoki first moved into your home, you had been living on the second floor. So when he, someone around your age, moved in, you felt pathetic saying you lived in your mothers home. So you lied and said you were like him, living with her.

He did grow slightly suspicious when she didn't always bother you for rent, but he never came close to the conclusion of Otose being your mother.

"What's wrong with you, lazing about like you're Gintoki?," she said, slapping the back of your head. You held it down as she scolded you. "I let you marry him but I'm not letting you become him."

"Oka-san," you mumbled. Otose was taken aback, almost gasped even. You never called her Oka-san. It simply never happened. It was honestly weird at this point. Otose opened her mouth to scold you again, but you continued. "Is Ketsuno Ana prettier than me?"

"Wha- I- what?!"

You buried your face in your knees. "I just think... Gintoki really likes the weather lady right? He watches it everyday just to see her smile! Even I've never had someone say that to me and I'm married to the man! So... obviously, I'm the second option right? I mean"-

Otose slapped the back of your neck again.

"Oh shut up! You married a stupid man and you're paying for it now," she grumbled, as you lifted your head up. Once she heard your sniffle, however, she felt bad. You were still her daughter, after all. She sighed after a moment, and lightly caressed your nape. "Fine... You know, as much as I hate to admit it, Gintoki has confessed his drunken love for you to me multiple times."

"What'd he tell you for?"

"Because, he wants to tell everyone he cares for, about you," she said softly. "He doesn't tell you, because he wants to keep up a persona, and he hasn't let that persona down since he got with you. Starting now, acting like he likes you more than Setsuno Ana"-

"Ketsuno Ana," you corrected.

Otose chuckled slightly. "Acting like he likes you more than the weather lady, would hurt his ego."

You turned your head to look back at her smiling. "So Gin-chan has made drunken love confessions about me?"

Otose was, yet again, taken aback, now by your sudden uplifted mood. "Is all it takes to make you happy knowing Gintoki likes you? Do you really have no self respect-?"

"You should know that by now Otose," you rolled your eyes playfully. "I have absolutely no self respect. Now, tell me more about these drunken confessions!"

"Were you even crying before?!"

"No, I just needed someone to voice out what I was telling myself so I knew for certain that it was true!"

"So, you didn't need me going all soft on you?!"

"No, not really, you could have yelled that at me and it would have made me more certain, but whatever."

"SAKATA Y/N, I WILL KILL YOU!"

                         ➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"I know I said it's okay for her to stay," you grumbled, resting your head in Gintoki's lap. "But I'm starving, and we have almost no money left."

"We could eat the sugar right? It can't be too bad?" Shinpachi asked, on the verge of crazy already.

"Gintoki would probably die," you countered. "And we don't need you being at risk for diabetes as well."

"Should we send her to Otose?" Gintoki offered.

"She would kill us and we'd be in more debt," you countered yet again.

"There's a snack bar downstairs!" Kagura cheered as she ran there, making the boys and you groan in unison.

"I didn't even say snack bar!" Gintoki grumbled as his stomach did the same.

"She could probably sense it with her all eating senses," Shinpachi mumbled.

"We're going to be in so much debt," you complained.