QUIT YOUR JOB AND BE POOR WITH GINTOKI AGAIN BECAUSE HE WANTS THAT

"Shinpachi-kun!" You rushed into the room he was staying in and was met with Gintoki and Kagura with him as well. "Are you alright?"

"Does both my legs being in casts scream alright to you?" Shinpachi asked sarcastically.

"Fair enough, it was dumb for me to have asked," you chuckled as you took a seat next to Gintoki. "Have the nurses been checking up on you frequently?"

"Yes, yes, the hospitals been fine. It's your husband and daughter that are pissing me off."

"Hey, I can't do anything about them, they're your second father and younger sister. But seriously, you three have got to be more careful." You rest your hand on Gintoki's head and ruffled his wavy hair.

"Hey, you're going to make it worse!" He complained, reaching for his head to get your hand off.

"You two are alright?" You asked as you reached out to Kagura to fret over her as well.

"I am because of calci"-

"Actually Y/N-chan, it kind of hurts here," Kagura pouted.

"Hm? Let me see."

"She's obviously trying to steal your attention!" Gintoki yelled.

"Well you're healthy and strong because of your calcium, so you don't need me to worry," you brushed him off.

As you checked where Kagura said it hurted, she smirked at Gintoki who started spluttering in disbelief. You looked back up at Kagura who quickly went back to the pout face. "You seem okay, so if it hurts more later, let me know, yeah?"

"Excuse me, sensei?" You looked at the door to see a nurse. "Yamamoto sensei would like to meet with you at the cafeteria today."

You sighed in annoyance. "Why? Can't we just carry on with the meeting in his office?"

"He said if you wanted to discuss it with him you'd need to head up to his office."

You groaned and got up. "Fine, I'll be there in a second. You can go on ahead." The nurse bowed and left. You pat Shinpachi's shoulder. "Get better soon, okay?"

"Mhm, have fun with work."

"You seem like you don't want to go though," Kagura commented. "Can't you just meet with Mama sensei at the cafeteria later?"

"The cafeterias too loud and annoying," you shook your head. "I wouldn't be able to focus during the meeting."

"What's the meeting about?" Gintoki asked, eyes narrowed.

"Hospital stuff I'm not allowed to talk about," you answered briefly before leaning down to kiss him quickly. "Stop pestering Shinpachi so much, he's a grown boy, he can take care of himself."

You took a step away when Kagura whined. "Where's my kiss Y/N-chan!"

"You're not a baby Kagura-san... plus she only kissed him because they're married," Shinpachi told her.

You rolled your eyes, chuckling lighty before leaning down to kiss Kagura on the forehead. "Hah! I got a kiss from Y/N-chan!"

"This isn't a competition!" Shinpachi yelled.

"I know sons don't like this, but I feel like deep down, you want it," you grinned at Shinpachi before kissing the top of his head as well.

You saw Shinpachi's face turn red as you left the room, followed by Gintoki yelling at Shinpachi about being such a desperate virgin that he went for his wife. Despite the fact you were meeting up with your shrink, who you greatly disliked, you smiled from the short time you got to spend with Yorozuya.

                         ➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"Gin-chan!" Kagura panted. "You have to come and see this!" She pulled at Gintoki's yukata and pulled him to the cafeteria, shushing him when he tried to yell.

"Are you crazy, little girl?!"

"Look, shush and look." She'd dragged him to the cafeteria and pointed at people eating.

"Why would I want to look at that man who can't eat with his mouth closed? You're my view of that everyday."

Kagura deadpanned. "No, next to the old man. Look!"

Gintoki squinted his eyes and realized what Kagura was talking about. "Is that Y/N?"

"Yes! She's having lunch with some guy!"

"It's a doctor," Gintoki rolled his eyes. "Did you forget she was having a meeting in the cafeteria?"

"But look at them," Kagura hissed. You were picking at your food and had your head rested in your hand. That was suspicious in itself, especially if this was a meeting. Despite not liking the place the meeting was, Gintoki knew you weren't the type to not suck up to your higher ups or colleagues. So acting so disinterested was very unlike you.

And the guy that sat with you seemed very... soft towards you? There was no other way to explain it. The hand gestures, the way he looked at you. Gintoki recognized it because he was the same way with you (when not in situations where sadism was liked).

"Do you think... they're on a date?" Kagura asked.

"Oi, this is Y/N we're talking about, you know?" Gintoki bit the inside of his cheek. "But I'm going to interrupt."

"Yeah, me too"- Gintoki stopped her.

"Leave it to me."

                         ➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"Why are we even here? I'm not going to talk somewhere so open," you grumbled when Yamamoto encouraged you to speak.

"I thought a change of scenery would be good for you."

"It's not," you sighed. "Can we just go to your office or somethin"-

"Oi, bastard." The two of you turned your head to look at the speaker. The speaker being your husband. He walked up behind you, and rested his hands on your chair, glaring at your psych. "What're you doing with Y/N?"

"Uh, sir, that's confidential business and I'd advise you to step away from Sakata sensei before I call the secu"-

"It's fine," you stopped him. "This is my husband, Gintoki."

"Oh... Oh?" He immediately got rid of the hostile stance and bowed his head towards Gintoki. "Sorry, sir, I didn't know. Sakata-san here's told me a lot about you."

"Has she?" Gintoki smirked. "Well, then, it should be fine for me to take her away for a bit."

"If that's what you'd like, Sakata-san, we could continue this meeting later."

Gintoki felt smug. You didn't have much time for him or Yorozuya ever since going back to work. You weren't at home when he wanted to tell you about what happened that day, and when you did get home it was early morning, everyone was asleep. He understood he wouldn't have to deal with it until you started earning money, and that right now you were taking double shifts to get the work done quickly, he appreciated it, really. But he did miss you as well.

You scratched your head. "I don't know, I think it's best we get the meeting over with now." Gintoki's heart practically shattered. You turned to look at him apologetically. "I'll be at home in time for dinner today, okay? You can cook right?"

"Yeah... uh, Kagura and I'll see you lat- ahem, then?" Damn, his throat closed. He couldn't say what he actually wanted to say: no. fuck no, you're too busy, quit your job and lets be poor together again.

"See you later," you stood up and kissed him quickly before turning back to the shrink. "Let's get the meeting over with then sensei."