FOR SOME REASON EVERYONE WANTS TO SLEEP WITH OTOSE AND LOOK! TITLE REFERENCE

"Oi Y/N," Gintoki spoke up while the two of you lazed around on the couch. Shinpachi was out running errands and Kagura was at the snack shop searching for more food, leaving the two of you alone for a bit. "You know how you know a bit about my past now?"

You nodded. "You want me to tell you a little thing about mine?"

"Kind of..." Gintoki trailed off. "Know how we went to that Otsu concert thing?"

"Yeah...?" You weren't actually there but you were told all about it from Kagura who told you about their exhilarating run from the police which almost gave you a heart attack.

"It got me thinking... what's with your parents?" You had to stop yourself from breaking out in a cold sweat as to not seem suspicious. "I mean... I get it if it's a sensitive subject but you never took me to meet them nor did you say they died so..."

You sucked in a deep breath. Maybe... it was time to tell him. "Well, my dad died a while back." Gintoki rested his head on your lap, so hearing this he nuzzled closer to your stomach, moving your hand to touch his hair. You smiled softly. "It's not that bad of a topic for me. Uh... he was a  samurai, like you."

"That's probably why you like me. Women tend to get with people like their fathers," Gintoki mumbled.

You hummed in agreement. "He died in war, I know that, but I was never told how... I don't mind not knowing though, because like, what if it wasn't cool and noble? You'd die in a cool and noble way so I could tell people how cool and noble your death was right?"

"Just for you," he agreed, nodding. You pulled softly at his hair, something he enjoyed. "How about your mom?"

You opened your mouth to speak but stopped, closing your mouth and smiling awkwardly. "Let's save it for another time, yeah?"

Gintoki stared at you with his dead fish eyes for a second before getting the hint and laying off of you. "Sure. You want to know anything?"

"Do you want to tell me?" Gintoki didn't answer. "Then it's alright."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

"Hey there! You useless naturally wavy haired lout!" You groaned and pushed at Gintoki, to make him get up and out of the futon.

"It's your turn to deal with her," Gintoki groaned, his morning voice rough.

"I opened up to you about my father yesterday, I get a free pass this time," you grumbled, pushing him yet again, efforts futile. In the end, he did get up.

"Today I'm making you pay every penny of the back rent you've piled up!"

It was a bit quiet, and your eyes started drooping again... "Hey what's with the 230 yen?! You're not buying JUMP you know? Worthless punk!"

"I don't have it!" Gintoki yelled back. "That's all I've got! Try to understand at least that much, you clueless old bat!"

"If you don't have money, go swindle an old lady or two! Aint'cha got any balls, curly?!"

"Always going on about petty things like money, money, money! If you wanna be seduced, just say so, you starved slut!" You dragged your feet out of bed and to the door, realizing the fight between your husband and mother was not going well. You should probably not tell Gintoki who your mother is anytime soon. Gintoki is a man of pride, so calling his wifes mother a slut was definitely worth commiting seppuku over.

"What?! If you want me, you should've said so from the start!"

You slammed the bedroom door open. "Where the hell is this conversation even going?!"