ONCE KAGURA AND SHINPACHI GROW UP, YOU'LL REPLACE THEM WITH YOUR OWN

"Katsura-kun!"

"Ah, Y/N-san," Katsura bowed his head when you entered, hurriedly taking off your shoes. "Gintoki is in that room. He's still asleep."

You sighed in relief. "Thank you. For saving him."

"Not a problem," Katsura nodded.

Before you opened the door to the room, you remembered something and turned around. "Oh, uh, were Kagura and Shinpachi with him?"

"No, it was just this one girl," Katsura said. "I bandaged them both up, but you're the doctor so you could check for something more."

"Okay, thank you, again," you rushed before heading into Gintoki's room, to see him fidgeting around in his sleep. You went to go pat him awake but he woke up right then abruptly without your interference.

You fell to your knees and grabbed his face, scanning it for cuts. "Are you okay? How did you three get into that situation, I thought I told you to be careful before you left, you guys are so stupid"-

"It's unlike you to have a nightmare," you were interrupted by Katsura coming into the room. "Dreaming about the past?"

"Zura?" Gintoki was obviously understandably confused. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Gintoki looked to be struck with realization and got up, only to feel a shock of pain and fall back down. "Gin! Be careful, c'mon," you muttered as you tried to help him up.

"She's right, don't strain yourself. You can't use your left arm, and have broken several ribs. The other person is even worse. She looks okay, you broke her fall. But her entire body has been ravaged by drugs. She was lucky that she was treated quickly, but it's unclear when she'll recover."

You'd helped Gintoki sit up and he sighed, still having an arm slung around your shoulder. "Stupid kid..."

"But what were you doing in a dive like that?" Katsura asked.

"Nevermind that, how did you manage to save me?" Gintoki deflected. "Apologize for last time, you bastard."

"Speaking of which," Katsura took out a small bag of white powder in a ziplock bag. "Are you familiar with this? It's an illegal drug called "Paradise" that's been going around lately."

"Oh! I know that, a bunch of kids have been coming to the hospital because of it," you realized.

Katsura nodded. "It's made from a flower that only grows on a remote planet. It's very addictive. And everyone who uses it without exception, meets a tragic end." You turned your head to get a peek at the girl who'd taken the drug. There had only been one successful surgery in which a teenager had survived after becoming addicted to the drug, in the hospital you worked at, atleast. Chances were very low for this young girl.

You tuned back in when Katsura said, "We're gathering information on it. That's apparently where you fell into all of this. Who knows what would have happened if my men didn't find you." You gripped onto Gintoki's bicep, and he patted your arm in reassurance, knowing of your recent fears, while glaring at Katsura. "But what were you doing in a dive like that?"

Gintoki deflected it yet again. "More importantly, who were those guys?"

"The Harusame space pirates. They're the largest organized crime syndicate in the Milky Way. Their main source of income is profit from the sale of illegal drugs. The very tips of their tentacles have reached earth. We can't rely on the government police, they're totally corrupted by the Amanto. We hoped we could do something on our own... They were able to corner even you."