GIN HAS AMNESIA AND APPRECIATES HIS WIFE

You'd been the first one at the hospital, waiting for any news on Gintoki's state. Working here had a benefit in some ways, such as immediately being here and calling Otose's Snack Shop right after you had heard Gintoki was here. The part that you didn't like was the fact that you couldn't be in there with the other doctors helping Gintoki because of him being a family member.

Sitting on the bench, your head in your hands as your feet tapped impatiently, your coworkers stopped by a few times as they passed you in the hallway and reassured you that he'd be fine.

You nodded. You knew he'd be fine, after all there wouldn't be a kajillion more seasons of Gintama if Gintoki was dead. Or wait? Could there be? What if the rest was just the story about figuring out Gintoki's past and keeping up his legacy? Gintoki could be dead-

"Stop that." Otose's voice took you out of your mind.

Raising your head, you forced a smile as you saw Otose, Catherine and Kagura. Shinpachi wasn't with them, so you assumed he'd went over to visit Otae today. "I called Shinpachi, he'll be here soon," Otose explained as she took a seat next to you. "So what happened?"

"He got hit by a car."

Otose laughed. You glared over at her, but she just pat your back as she chuckled a little. "He's going to be fine. He's been hit by cars plenty of times before and he's still able to act like his bratty, good for nothing self."

"What's that in your lap?" Kagura asked.

"Oh, he'd went out to buy JUMP," you explained, holding out the volume for her to take.

Catherine rolled her eyes. "Of course."

"I can't believe he was stupid enough to let this take him down," you chuckled to yourself dryly, leaning your head back on the wall. "I guess it gives me a break though."

"When was the last time you were home?" Otose asked quietly.

You thought about it for a moment before answering. "Uh, Wednesday? So it's been like, four days," you huffed.

"At least I know you can pay rent this month," Otose grumbled.

"Guys!" You all raised your heads at the voice, and Shinpachi came, turning the corner. "Is Gin-san alright?!"

"Don't shout in a hospital, idiot!" Otose shouted.

"Same for you granny!" Kagura shouted at her.

"Same for you brat!" Catherine shouted at Kagura. "And me, too!"

You shushed them all, covering your face with your hands with embarrassment at their hospital etiquette. Otose took out her pack of cigarettes as she continued. "Hmph, it's nothing to worry about. He's not the type to die from getting hit by a car."

Kagura explained the JUMP situation. "That's what happens when you read this type of junk at his age."

"Let's hope he'll take this opportunity to grow up a bit," Catherine added.

"You said it," Otose agreed. "Then all the rent paying wouldn't be on Y/N's shoulders."

Shinpachi sighed in relief at the groups nonchalance. He was about to ask how you were doing, when someone else spoke up, sighing loudly. "That's a relief. Hearing you say that makes me feel better. I'm really sorry. I was talking on my cell phone and didn't see him in time."

Otose and Kagura immediately jumped him, beating him and yelling at him for what he'd done. You felt quite a bit of satisfaction with that, but how Gintoki was doing was at the forefront of your mind.