AN EXHAUSTING DAY WITH A PISSED OFF WIFE AND A WORRIED HUSBAND

You groaned, your head falling in your hands. The past week had been exhausting. To make up for the time you missed for the vacation, plus missing more days after being stranded on another planet, you'd been taking the longest shifts you could with the shortest breaks. For some reason, everyone needed a surgery yesterday and today.

Your foot was asleep from staying in one place for six hours.
Your head hurt from your even more frequent headaches.
You'd barely eaten the past three days.
You'd gotten about 6 hours of sleep in the past three days.
You'd done about 700 pages of paperwork in the past three days.
You'd just been wanting to go rest at home for the past three days.

You hadn't even seen or talked to anyone at home for two days. There was a quick break, where you went home, but you'd just slept for three hours and been paged back.

You heard people come inside the break room, but you stayed in the position you were in, too tired and in too much pain to care to look up.

"Sensei." It was a nurse, and they were whispering. "Yamamoto sensei ordered that you go on a break. If you stay here for one more full day, you won't be allowed to come in for the rest of the week."

"Alright," you mumbled. "Lemme just sleep here, quick."

"Sensei," the nurse repeated, a bit more pleading.

You shouldn't get them into trouble. You picked up your head slowly, but either way it still hurt like a bitch when you got up. You shook your foot, which was starting to become less numb, and went to pick up your bag, taking out change while you walked through the hallway.

You quietly asked the receptionist, who was busy typing on their computer, if you could use the phone at the front desk. Once getting clearance, you called Yorozuya's number. Immediately Gintoki answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi hon"-

"Quick, Y/N, the food is almost ready." He lowered his voice. "I need to be ready to grab some."

"Oh. Yeah, okay, I'll be quick, just wanted to let you know I'm coming home."

"That's great... you don't want me to grab some for you, do you? It'll be tricky getting anything for myself."

"It's best you come later Y/N-san!" Shinpachi yelled from Gintoki's line.

"Shut u- what are you doing Shinpachi?! It's not ready! Y/N, I have to go now, see you at home."

"Yeah, see you... ah, he ended the call."

You put the receiver down, and thanked the receptionist quickly, before leaving, having your change ready to use on the bus.

You'd dropped some of your change, earning a look from the driver and some people around you. Quickly apologizing, you picked it up and put it inside, moving to go sit on a seat and catch up on thirty minutes of sleep.

The world hates you today though.

Before you could grab a pole to gain your balance, the bus jolted forwards, causing you to trip forwards and grab onto the pole in desperation, panting heavily. "The hell," you muttered under your breath, getting frustrated by every small inconvenience.

You looked around, to see there was one seat available. You went to go take a seat, sighing in relief as you pulled your bag on your lap, resting your head back. Your neck cracked, making you smile in content at the released tension.

"Hey, you woman!" You jumped up, to see a person up in your face, eyebrows furrowed, spit spraying. You winced, about to yell at him for interrupting your well earned sleep. He stepped back though, and gestured at an older man in front of you, knees wobbling.