GIN-CHAN AND Y/N GET THROUGH A CONVERSATION WITHOUT FIGHTING ?!?! (Kinda)

You were resting your head on Gintoki's lap as he grumbled, going through channels on the television. "What's the big deal? Who cares about some kids' puppy love?"

"Of what?" You mumbled, opening your eyes to look at what he was watching. Otsu, the beloved teen idol, was being bombarded by multiple reporters about... a boyfriend? "Oh, right, her. I sorta feel bad."

"Well, who cares, more importantly what happened to my drama rerun?" Gintoki complained. "What happened to the battle between Pinko and Harue?"

"Just when Pinko and Harue were about to have their final showdown, the fearsome alien emperor attacked Earth," Kagura explained. "Pinko and Harue joined forces to defeat the emperor. The end."

"Are you serious?!" He yelled, making you groan at the noise. Gintoki moved to cover your ears, as he continued. "How do you know that?!"

"Yesterday was the final episode," Kagura said while looking down at Sadaharu, who she was petting. "Right, Sadaharu?"

Gintoki moved his hands to clutch his head in distress. You huffed and covered your own ears. "Oh my god! I completely missed it!! You mean I'll never get to see Pinko again?!"

"Never mind that," Kagura said, looking over at Shinpachi, ripping the dates from the calendar. "Shinpachi's been acting strange."

You sighed, deciding to just get up because you knew you wouldn't be able to sleep. "Oi, doing that isn't going to get you into another dimension," Gintoki scolded. "Stop running from reality. This is what happens when you fall in love with an idol. I'm a fan of the weather lady but I know better..."

You raised the volume on the television as the weather lady showed up, stifling a laugh as you spotted what was on the screen. "Popular weather lady Ketsuno Ana was married last month."

You did laugh out loud, once Gintoki had begun ripping dates out of the calendar too. "Great, now both of them have disappeared into another dimension," Kagura deadpanned.

The doorbell ringing made you turn your head. But Shinpachi, even in his zoned out state, went to answer to work.

"Seriously, I can't believe you guys are this upset about your idols being happy," you commented, sitting up straight. "If you really loved them, you would be happy for them and leave it at that. Also be realistic, I mean come on, it's not like we'll even ever get to meet them"-

"Y/N-chan! Gin-chan! Kagura-chan! A very very very important client is here!" The three of you turned your heads to see Shinpachi walk into the room, with the popular teen idol who's always on the news now, the Otsu-chan, right behind him.

"What were you saying?" Gintoki asked, turning to you with a smirk.

You stuck out your tongue at him before getting up to welcome her. "Would you like some tea?"

It took days to solve the case with Otsu, but eventually Yorozuya got to the bottom of the death threats that had been sent to the poor child.

"Being famous must be a hassle," you brought up, as you were helping Gintoki out with making dinner. "Especially at such a young age. I'm sort of glad my life wasn't like hers."

Gintoki shrugged. "Well, we could have had it better. Grew up during a war, so you know, not the best."

You chuckled, despite there being no humour in your tone. "Yeah, that's true. At least I got to get together with you without too many complaints."

Gintoki raised his eyebrows. "People complained? Now, why would they do that? After you married the most handsomest man in Edo?" Gintoki put his weight onto you as he wrapped his arm around you and slouched down. "Or is it because they were jealous? They were ripping out calendar pages the moment we got married, I bet. Counting down the days until our divorce."

"You keep putting all your weight on me and soon they'll stop ripping," you grumbled with a smirk, pushing him off. "Anyways, want to go out on Monday? I have a day off."

"Finally?" Gintoki questioned. You nodded, grinning at his excitement. "Yeah, of course, where d'you want to go?"

"Well, since we've both been working pretty hard, why not that ice cream parlour next to the sweets shop?" you suggested.

"Can we get"-

"Yes we can get sweets on the way back," you nodded, chuckling.

Gintoki moved to quickly kiss your cheek. "You're the best wife I could've asked for, thank god you weren't famous."

Giggling, you pointed the knife in your hands at his chest. "Your sweet talk won't get you out of helping me."

Gintoki groaned.

a/n: very short chapter but it will be made up for next chapter