STOLEN PANTIES AND RUINED PRIDE

"HEY Y/N-CHAN!"

You peeked your head out the door to see Gintoki at the front doors of the snack shop, yelling up at you. Why? How would you know?

"Why are you yelling from there?" You answered back teeth clenching as you spotted passerbys staring at you both weirdly.

"YOROZUYA'S GOING TO CATCH A PANTY THIEF! Might be home late cause of it."

"Why did you yell the embarrassing part and not the normal one!" You hissed, exasperated, covering your face as older ladies started throwing you dirty looks (You and not Gintoki. Well, they did expect very little from him anyways.)

Suddenly you heard a door slam open. You looked down to see Otose stomping out now. How fantastic.

"WHAT ARE YOU BOTH YELLING FOR?! THE TWO OF YOU BETTER SHUT UP AND STOP BOTHERING THE NEIGHBORS!"

"HUH?! IT'S YOU CAUSING THE NOISE OLD HAG! YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WHAT'S GOING ON THOUGH, NO ONE WOULD WANT TO STEAL YOUR PANTIES!"

"HUHHH?! I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT BEFORE I WAS MARRIED EVERYONE TRIED TO STEAL MY PANTIE-!"

"SHUT UP!" You yelled, your face burning from the embarrassment. You covered it and groaned, not able to look up from your embarrassed corner.

"But what's that about a panty thief?" You heard Otose say, before yelling again. "SAY Y/N DIDN'T YOU SAY SOMEONE STOLE YOUR PANTIES?!

"MOM!" You yelled, realizing your mistake the moment you spotted Gintoki look up at you weirdly. "Woooould be so mad at you for yelling about my business Otose!"

"Huh?!" Otose crossed her arms, an amused smirk on her face as she looked up at you. "Don't tell me about what your mother would and wouldn't like!"

You sighed, yet again, decided to give up on the whole argument. You already kind of messed it up. Before you opened your mouth to speak again, Gintoki yelled, "YOU'RE PANTIES GOT STOLEN?!"

"OH MY GOD, JUST GO, PLEASE GO ALREADY!"

"What do you mean older ladies hate me?" Gintoki asked.

You knew there was no point in bringing it up, besides the fact that it would just lead to an eventual pointless argument with a few jests here and there. But you did. No way to take it back now.

You shrugged, keeping your eyes on the TV where Ketsuno Ana was reporting the weathe- actually, no, an alien just attacked and interrupted her. That womans life was quite interesting.

Gintoki grabbed the TV remote and turned it off, moving close to your face to bother you. "What do you mean older ladies hate me?" Gintoki repeated.

You turned your head and slapped his cheek lightly. "They just do. Nothing to be ashamed about."

"Then why are you bringing it up?"

"Well, because..." You tried stalling the answer a bit, but just ended up grimacing a little before answering. "I had quite the reputation before. All the other daughters were compared to me about how successful I was, and the fact that I was a doctor but I quit just in time for my marriage age and how wonderful of a housewife I'd be and then I got married kind of young but no too young and I became the best daughter in the area! But then they really got to know you and..."

"I don't see how that's a problem! You hated them! They pressured you to get married right after you quit work! They made you feel bad about working hard to get a job!"

"Yeah but... I don't know it kinda boosted my ego a bit. Made me feel good about myself and I know! I know my self worth shouldn't be stemmed from what they think of me but it's not!" Gintoki raised an eyebrow at you. "It's not, really! It's just a... little part of what my self worth is based on."

Gintoki stared at you, dead fish eyes look in his eyes for a few good seconds before he rolled his eyes. "Fine. Why don't we go meet them then?"

"What?"

"Give them chocolates as presents or whatever. Aunts love it when young people go to their houses and act all polite right? Say you missed them and haven't visited in a while, and cozy up to them again. I'll be with you and act good."

"Are you.. Sure?" You eyed him suspiciously. No way this would work out well. Even if he was the one who suggested it.

"Definitely."

"Oh, it was so wonderful that you two came all this way just to see us!" Aunt Ji chuckled, clapping her hands. "My husbands out at work so he couldn't make it. Gintoki..." She looked at him, some disappointment in her expression... or was it that look of I'm disappointed but what else did I expect? "Shouldn't you be at work as well?"

"Oh, uh, Y/N really wanted me to join because she thought it would be rude for me not to come as well! I got all my work done, and if anyone else calls in, I have Shinpachi taking the work."

"Ah, that's good, that's good. I have a son around that boys age as well, you know? He's been looking for paying jobs as well. Are you hiring?"

"No."

"Oh."

You shot Gintoki a look, so he quickly backtracked. "Well, I meant we don't pay for working. I know it seems like Shinpachi gets a wage, but really we just help fund his family's dojo, because we felt bad. That's the reason why Shinpachi insisted on working with me in the first place."

"And how about that little girl?"

"Oh, Kagura, yes, haha," Gintoki shot you a frantic look. He couldn't say he ran her over.

You placed a hand on Gintoki's thighs, patting him, as you smiled at the aunt. "Well one day when Gintoki and Shinpachi were out at work, they saw Kagura get hit by a car and that car just sped off!" Gintoki nodded at every word you said. "So, um, they both rushed to help the poor thing, and brought her home because she'd been bleeding out on the road. And also, uh, there were people trying to kidnap her as well right?"

"Oh yeah, uh huh, Kagura had slipped into the hands of um... human trafficking."

The aunt gasped. "At such a young age?!"

"Yes, people are horrible," Gintoki agreed. "Her parents left her in the woods when she was a baby. Anyways! she was being attacked, and I- single handedly- beat up all the people who were trying to hurt her."

"Oh, Y/N, you're so lucky to have Gin-chan as your husband. My husbands great too... he's just been working so hard that the only thing he focuses on is work."

"It's understandable," Gintoki nodded, acting like he was sympathizing. "I was like that too before I met Y/N..." He looked over to you and smiled. "But I guess things changed because of how much I love her and... I never want to mess us up ever."

You smiled back fondly, as the aunt gushed over you two.

And so all the visiting you both did ended up like that.

With an unwanted conclusion.

Kagura laughed her ass of as Shinpachi stifled them and told you both the stories of whispering they'd been hearing on the streets about what a good man and husband Gintoki was, about how all the aunts seemed to want a son like him now, and wanted their daughters to marry him.

"It's like they completely forgot about Y/N-chan!" Kagura wheezed.

Gintoki shrugged. "I guess I'm just that loveable."

You slapped the back of his neck, causing him to spit out his strawberry milk. "Shut up."