Peace island

Me and leslie was cracking up at my grandpa's stories he use to have me rolling.

"I called my self trying to be a pimp cheating and shit the one time I thought about your grandma threw them hot grits on me so fast I seen my life flashed before my eyes I still tell this day can't tell you where she got that bat from.".

I was laughing so fucking hard I was rolling.

"Uh uh I'm too done grand-mère threw them hot grits babe." Leslie said trying to control her laughter.

"That even the worst part then she going to take me to the hospital and push me out the car couldn't even help me out."

"That's what your ass gets Grandpa."

"Yeah I know I was being young and dumb but in the end I got my shit together." He said.

"Before or after she tossed them hot grits on you?" Leslie asked.

"Or when she pushed you out the car?"

Me and leslie really couldn't control our laughter.

"Umhmmm... Yeah yeah yeah all that laughing yall doing I know you aknt talking ms.shoot a nigga(jazz) in his shoulder and ms.beat a nigga ass(leslie)."

"They deserved it." We said shrugging.

"Uh huh well before we go into that let me talk to Leslie alone baby girl." He said.

"And sit where?"

"Go take a walk on the beach or something this will just take a min."

I looked at him and leslie then shrugged better her than me because my grandpa is long winded as fuck!

Leslie pov

"So ladybug tell me whats going on with you." He said mixing the Dominos.

"Same old same old work kid you know how it is."

"I'm not talking about that I'm talking about what is really going on with you and black."

I shrugged.

"I don't know its like one minute we are good and the next min we just..."

I strayed off.

"You guys end up falling apart?'

I nodded.

"A man is only going to do what you allow him to do." He said.

" Pops I haven't allowed him to do anything he just does wgat hes wants."

"And you allow it you let him use you like a crutch you have made excuse after excuse on why you took him back and when you finally did really leave him you went right back in his arms." He said shaking his head.

"I can't help who I'm in love with."

"Yeah you might not can't "help" who you in love with but you can help the person he will become if he doesn't take his meds." He said.

"I just thought that if I stood by his side and show him what kind of women I can be for him he would change."

"He could change Leslie its just up to you to decide if you are going to really going to give it your all if you are willing to be that crutch for him then do so with out being mad about how he is or who he but when you ready to become his roots then and only them will you fully understand yall relationship and regardless of how you may feel now you guys are a family y'all need to learn what the definition of a ride or die really
is I may have did my dirt back in the day and when I say jazz grandma left me so fast I didnt even see it coming." He said.