Soon to be...

East pov
Me and cookie just stared at each other for the longest time not saying nothing really we don't really argue so we don't really know what to say.

"Babe I.." we both said at the same time.

"Sorry go head ma."

"No you can go first." She said.

"Well first I wanna say I would never put my hands on you intentionally im sorry for that."

"No need to apologize i shouldn't have been in the way I just was trying to do the right thing." She said.

"Yeah I know alot of shit needs to be corrected."

"Im sorry also I should have took how you felt about your dad seriously I just really wanted to help fix you guys relationship its so strained."

"Why does it matter though."

"Because babe when I lost my parents you where there for me and I remember how upset you was when he left you always said you wanted to know why I just thought bringing you two together and letting him tell you his side of the story would maybe heal somethings I didn't know it was that bad." She said.

"I know you didn't but just next time ask me please so shit like this won't happen."

"Oh don't worry im not getting in the middle of this no more." She said.

"Well I might need you to play peace maker again my mom told me what really happened back then."

"She did? And what was that?" She asked.

"I don't really wanna talk about it but can you help me?"

"Oh no sir the last time I tried to help i got cussed out 6 ways of Sunday this something you got to do yourself and what better time then to do it right." She said pointing in Terrance direction.

"How he know where we was?"

"A peace make is never really off her job." She said winking at me.

"Hey yall." He said.

"Hey Terrance babe I'm going to leave yall two to talk this time use your words and Terrance Bob and weave next." She said giving me a kiss and him a hug.

She waved by then walked off towards the house.

"I see somethings never change she still the same." He said laughing.

I chuckled.

"Yeah thats my dimples always have something smart to say."

We got a little quiet.

"Umm so look about me and your mom I was really hoping we can talk about what happened." He said.

"No need mom told me what happened."

"She did? She told you everything?"

I nodded.

"Everything I just don't understand why you forgave her."

He shrugged.

"Sometimes being grown means learning how to forgive people look man I can't go back and change the past but I can work on our future if you would like."

"I don't know i need some time to process this shit."

"Thats cool well while we out here we can get to know each other again sound good?"

"Yeah sounds good man but let me get up with my wife im sorry about earlier to."

He waved me off.