Two

Ada sat on the staircase, peering at her family eating dinner together, laughing and talking about each other's days. She had been reading in her room for hours when she realized the time, her family barely ever had dinner together, but tonight was the rare night that they did, and they had forgotten her. There were only three chairs at the table, they had taken the time to push her chair off to the corner, but not to tell her they were eating dinner together. Tears started falling down Ada's cheeks, she had no idea what she expected, they always forgot her. That was the night Ada stopped having expectations for people. It was also the day Ada stopped eating dinner.

__________________________________________ _____________________________________

A loud and insistent knock at the door pulls Ada out of her slumber, as she checks the time, she groans, it's 11:00 AM, way too early. As Ada makes her way to the door she stumbles into the wall, but the knocking continues, Caroline must not be home.

"Coming! just give me a fucking minute" she mumbles

As instant karma, Ada's toe rams right into the door frame

"FUCK" she clutches her toe with one hand and swings the door open with the other

"Did you just wake up?" Elena and Ric stand on the other side of the door

"no, maybe, it doesn't matter, what do you want?" asks a grumpy Ada

"Elena is on a suicide mission and has convinced me to come with her-" Ric starts

" -We found Stefan and were hoping you would cloak us, as a precaution" finishes Elena

Blithering idiots is what Ada thought, but she bit her tongue.

"To do that I would need a magic object or creature to siphon off of, why don't you ask Bonnie?" Ada says bitterly, but as she starts to shut the door Elena catches it

"Bonnies out of town, please Ada, this could be our chance to find Stefan" pleaded Elena

Ada considered it, there was nothing else she was going to do today, probably rewatch the perks of being a wallflower for the millionth time, and then maybe have a serial killer movie marathon. Even though it seemed she had the perfect day ahead of her, Elena looked so sad.

"Fine, but you guys owe me" Elena's face spreads into a grin and she looks like she just might jump up and down in excitement.

________________________________________________________________________________

This mission was incredibly stupid, it would probably result in them all getting killed, but Ada didn't fear death, in fact, she rather enjoyed the idea of it. Elena and Ric carried weapons, stakes, vervain, wolfbanes etc. But in Ada's duffel bag, there was just a ton of bones. Since Ada wouldn't have a supernatural creature to siphon off of, these bones were the next best thing. They ranged from vampire to witch bones and any other supernatural creature in between, each bone usually still held quite a bit of the magic from the creature while they were alive. It was quite morbid, Ada knew that, but she couldn't get her hands on any dark objects while in mystic falls, so every once in a while, Ada would buy lots of supernatural bones off the internet, and hoped she wasn't getting scammed (the Salvatores graciously donate to her cause on the regular) but every once in a while, if she needed the magic, or was just feeling like a bitch, she would dig up actual dead supernatural creatures, but that was her little secret.

Ada had tuned out Elena and Ric's conversation, but suddenly someone zipped in front of her and shoved Elena into the lake, Ada stifled a laugh. Damon and Elena start arguing with Ric occasionally chiming in, but Ada could care less about Damon and Elena's lover's quarl, that is until Damon gets in the water with Elena.

"Why does he have to be so dramatic, he's wearing jeans for the love of God" Ada whispers to Ric and rolls her eyes

"You do know this is Damon your talking about right?" Ada and Ric both chuckle

Soon, the pair get out of the water and the group continued up the mountain. Ada scouted for a good spot to stop and cloak the group, she was a powerful witch, but was self-taught, and wouldn't be able to cloak all four people while walking. She knew she would have to be quite close to the action, and the risk of her being caught was high, but as long as she kept the cloaking spell up, she should be fine. Hopefully.

"Here's good" Ada sets her bag down and arranging the bones in a circle

"Are you sure? It's not very safe..." Alaric surveys their surroundings

"I'll be fine, Elena, if you want me to uncloak you, just tap your wrist twice, got it?"

Elena nodded, and the group continued up the mountain. Ada sat in the center of her circle and started to chant quietly, absorbing the magic and praying the spell worked. As Ada kept up the spell, her mind began to wander. Siphons had a different connection to nature than true witches did. True witches were meant to keep the balance of nature, their power tied to doing only things that were deemed as 'natural', but for a siphon, nature was like their playing field, well, that's how Ada thought of it. Siphons were already unnatural, not to mention the deep hunger for power that they felt, and nature was like the perfect infinite power source. Ada had no idea how one could tap into that power, but she knew that it was possible, the how just stumped her.

Ada snapped back to reality when she realized that her magic was running out, the sky had darkened and the moon had risen, this was bad. Suddenly, Ada felt Elena's signal and stopped the spell. As she regained her surroundings, she realized how much power the spell had used, and the blood dripping from her nose.

Though Ada's lone state was short-lived, as she heard a ruffle in the leaves, and she quickly cloaked herself, praying it would be Elena or Ric coming to get her. But as the person steps out of the shadows, Ada's heart drops. Klaus.

Ada had never seen Klaus face to face, Caroline had made sure that she was nowhere near the ritual, but Ada had heard enough descriptions to know that the person in front of her was Klaus. Blonde hair, blue eyes, about 5'11, not to mention the amount of supernatural energy that Ada could feel in his presence. It was unlike anything Ada had felt before, and even though her heart was threatening to break through her chest, a part of her wanted to siphon him to the point of desiccation and use the power for herself.

Klaus slowly walked towards where Ada sat, and all Ada could do was pray her magic didn't run out. But Ada never got lucky, and Klaus stopped directly beside her. Ada knew she was screwed, he would kill her and string her up as a warning, or maybe he would make her perform spells for him. She would rather a quick death than losing her free will, but she doubts she would have a choice.

After the longest seconds of Ada's life, Klaus continues walking, not suspecting a thing. The minute Klaus was out of sight, Ada dropped the spell and finally allowed herself to breathe. The second she worked up the energy, Ada grab her duffel bag and booked it down the mountain.

Author's note:

Ahhhh, I just realized that if I stick to my original timeline, Ada is going to go through a lot of pain in a very short amount of time, but I mean, character development am I right ladies? I also might have to change the timeline of the show, it's all very complicated, but I'll figure it out. Please vote and comment, your support means everything to me!