Six

TW:DEATH & ATTEMPTED SUICIDE

It was pouring rain outside, making Ada extra grateful she wasn't out there. It was a normal day, Ada and Aria lay on Ada's bed, with Aria's head resting on Ada's chest. Ada was reading her old raggedy copy of Romeo and Juliet, whereas Aria had seemed to be stuck on the same page of Mody's dick for over an hour. Suddenly Aria dropped her book and jumped off the bed.

"let's go outside"

"What?" Ada wanted to protest, but Aria was already walking down the stairs

Ada groaned and ran after her, but the time she got to the front door, Aria was standing in the street, smiling at the sky as the rain soaked her to the bone. Ada slowly made her way to where Aria was standing, totally entranced by her beauty. Aria's fluffy black hair sat flat, and it seemed as if the rain was made for her, extenuating her perfect nose and beautiful smile, making every inch of her glow. Ada walked towards her until she stood right in front of Aria, Aria grabbed Ada's hands, and let out a light laugh, pure happiness on her face.

"Just focus on the rain as it hits your skin, there's no better feeling in the world," She said grinning cheek to cheek

"Oh yeah? I can think of something even better," Ada cupped Aria's cheek and kissed her. The kiss was filled with love, with want, and oh how it was amazing, Ada felt the fireworks exploding all around them, and her only thoughts being about Aria. Suddenly Aria pulled away.

"I promise you, Adaline Forbes, you will never be alone again" Ada grinned, because for once in her life, she truly believed that everything would be ok. As long as she had Aria, Ada would be just fine. Ada nodded and pulled Aria back into the kiss, and it was perfect, Ada never wanted it to end. After what felt like no time at all, a blinding light approached them, a car, causing the pair to split apart. Ada's heart dropped when she realized Aria's father, the pastor, sat in the driver's seat.

"GET IN THE CAR, NOW!" he yelled

Ada was so scared, they had been a secret for almost four years, and now suddenly, they had been caught, and it felt like the world was crashing down. Ada watched as Aria's hand spilled from hers, and she silently walked to the car, as Ada walked towards the sidewalk. As the car sped off, Ada's mind whirled, what would happen to Aria? Would Aria's parents tell her mom? but mostly she was horrified that they would send Aria away. Little did Ada know, that none of these concerns would matter because that would be the last time she ever saw Aria alive.

________________________________________________________________________________

Ada hated Aria's tombstone, and she knew for a fact that Aria would have hated it too.

Aria Young

Daughter, Sister, Friend

1992-2008

Ada had begged, pleaded with Aria's father, to put Aria's favourite quote on her grave, or at least add lover to her titles. But he repeatedly slammed the door in Ada's face, he would say that Ada 'infected' his daughter. Once, Aria's little sister April called Ada the d-slur, she doubted April knew what it meant or how horrible it was, but it hurt nonetheless. The real kicker though, was Aria's older brother, Adam, he was 21 and after Aria's death, he brought Ada to the woods, and beat Ada to an inch of her life, and left her out there to die. Then, just to rub salt in the wound, they didn't bury Aria in the Young family plot and didn't invite Ada to the funeral. She never got to say goodbye, all because she loved another girl.

"I-" Ada tried to say something, but her voice cracked, and tears started rolling down her cheeks

"I'm sorry it's been so long" She croaked

Ada's back was leaning against the back of another grave, and she was most definitely getting her dress dirty.

"I wish you could've been at the ball tonight, you would have loved it" she chuckled through her tears

"I can just imagine you talking about how handsome Elijah is, he is most definitely your type"

Ada swore if she listened hard enough, she could hear Aria laugh back, but it was probably just the alcohol. All at once, Ada started to sob uncontrollably.

"I miss you"

"I see you everywhere like your soul is haunting me, reminding me of the things we once said to each other, the love that I'll never get back," Ada held her head in her hands

"you allowed me to feel what it was to have someone care about you, and now, it's all I crave. I just want you to show up at my door one day, to feel you in my arms again, to not be alone anymore" Ada wanted to scream "I wish more than anything, that you kept your promise" her body shook as every emotion she had suppressed rose to the surface, Aria's last words rattling in her ears, I promise you, Adaline Forbes, you will never be alone again. Ada should have never believed her, Ada would be alone forever, and how deafening the silence was.

"I miss you, Aria"

________________________________________________________________________________

Ada threw the hospital room door open, but it was too late, the monitor flatlined, leaving a blaring noise ringing in Ada's ears. Just two hours ago, Ada and Aria were sharing a kiss in the pouring rain, and now Aria's cold and dead body lay in a hospital bed. They said her car slid into the river, something about low visibility from the rain, but that's not what Ada cared about, Aria was, she was, dead. Ada felt her knees get weak and used the wall for support, before booking it down the hall and out of the hospital. Ada ran and ran and ran, as far as her legs could take her, this had to be a bad dream, Aria was just promising never to leave Ada, and Ada had been naive enough to believe it. Finally, when Ada was deep in the forest, she dropped to her knees, and just, screamed. Aria was gone. One minute they were baking brownies at one in the morning, or singing along to Taylor Swift, and now, Ada would never talk to Aria again. Yesterday, they were worried about Caroline walking in on them having sex, and now, Ada had to figure out how to live without Aria. Yesterday, everything was perfect, and now, everything had fallen apart.

As Ada screamed and cried, an idea wiggled its way into her brain. A simple solution, she would never have to be without Aria again, she would never be alone again. As Ada raced home, a voice inside of her screamed for her to stop, that this wasn't the answer, but Ada didn't listen to it, she needed Aria, she couldn't live without her. No one noticed when Ada got home, or when she grabbed a knife from the kitchen, or when she locked herself in the bathroom, or when she slit her wrists sitting in the bathtub. Ada sat bleeding out in the bathroom the entire night, and no one noticed. Ada woke up the next day, covered in her blood, she didn't cut deep enough. Ada had no idea what to do, so she did the only thing she could think of, she called in sick to school, cleaned up the blood, and bandaged her wrists. April 4th, 2008, At the age of 16, Adaline Forbes tried to kill herself for the first time, and no one noticed.

Suicide is not an option, this is a fictional story, and if you are thinking of hurting yourself in any way please seek help or call the suicide hotline number in your country.

Authors note:

This chapter was dark, wow um, Ada's got some mental issues. The introduction of Aria should start to clear things up, but things will become even more clear over time. Um so, how mad on a scale of 1-10 if I put Ada through more pain? well, you don't have a choice, cause it's going to get even darker and even sadder. I apologize I just don't know how to write happy characters. Also, Ada identifies as omnisexual, I'm just not going to clarify that in the book because she's already out to everyone. Please vote and comment, and please don't commit suicide :)