Fifteen

TW: Self-Harm and talk of mental health

The two girls laughed and giggled as they ran through the woods behind their house, completely entranced in their own world. "You can't outrun me!" the girl shouted through her giggles, at the tender age of 6, it seemed she had an affinity for running, slowing herself down so she wouldn't catch up to her sister right away.

"No way! I can run faster than the speed of light!" The other girl laughed, glancing back at her sister for a moment only to realize she was right on her tail. She took off faster than her tiny little legs could take her, which backfired horribly when her foot got stuck on a rock, and she went tumbling headfirst into the hard forest floor.

The second girl sped up her pace, arriving at her sister's side in seconds "Caroline! Caroline are you okay?" 

Slowly, Caroline rolled onto her patoot, sitting up and revealing her scraped knee. Small tears sprung at the corner of Caroline's eyes as her lower lip jut out "Hey, hey, don't cry" Ada put her hands on Caroline's shoulders to reassure her "We'll just do what mom does, and kiss it better, right?" Ada flashed her sister a toothy grin, showing off the huge gap between her front teeth, a result of losing her two front teeth in the past week

Suddenly Caroline's frown turned upside down "You look silly" she giggled at her sister's funny appearance, but Ada just widened her smile, sticking her tongue between the gap, causing both girls to erupt into a fit of laughter.

After the laughter died down, Ada performed the delicate art of kissing her sister's boo-boo better. First, she brushed the dirt off her sister's scraped knee, then she leaned down and placed a quick kiss on the torn-up skin

"Better?"

"Better"

Ada smiled, standing up and offering her hand to her twin, who graciously took it. Then, a wicked smile grew on Caroline's face "Will you take me home?"

Ada huffed and rolled her eyes, but ultimately obeyed, crouching down to let her sister jump on her back. Once her sister was securely piggybacking Ada, they started off towards the house, but not before Ada said "Always" 

_______________________________________________________________________________

It wouldn't stop ringing. For a fucking hour, her phone rang, over and over and over and over again.

All Ada wanted to do was listen to Taylor Swift and draw, maybe try not to be so moody and angsty for like twenty minutes. But no, her stupid little cell phone with its stupid little ringtone wouldn't stop ringing. She even set it to vibrate, but it just made the coffee table shake.

Any sane person would just answer the phone and face the she-devil that lay on the other side, knowing that it wouldn't stop until they did, but no, not Ada. At first, she tried to ignore it, although she kept finding herself glaring at it, and she tried to put it in another room, but that didn't work either, then she turned it off completely, but since it was an emergency contact, it continued ringing anyways. Then she got angry, and well, threw the stupid phone against the wall.

Which was how she ended up on the floor, looking at her cracked phone, as it continued to ring, with the caller ID, SISTER,  popping up, over and over again.

That's when a knock came at the door. Ada didn't even flinch, she had learned from her mistakes, DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR. It will get you stabbed, or kidnapped, or literally anything bad you can think of.

But the knocking persisted, and so did the ringing, and Ada's brain felt like it was melting. The knocking, the ringing, the knocking, the ringing, it was entrancing, irritating. Ada clenched her fists, her knuckles turning white, trying to not break, she wouldn't answer either-