Seventeen

TW: PTSD, BAD RELATIONSHIPS WITH FOOD

Dumping her bag on the bleachers, stretching out her arms and legs. Ada made her way to the track, she needed a good run, needed to clear her head. The sun was just about to rise, peeking out from the horizon, checking to make sure it was safe.

Spoiler alert: it wasn't.

Walking onto the track, the bright lights almost blinding her, it had been a long time. Walking over to the starting line, Ada stretched out her legs, doing a sad excuse for a warm-up. She'd do a few warm-up laps, then sprints, she used to be fantastic at sprints.

Popping in her earbuds, Ada let out a long breath, before taking off down the track.

The past few days, she hadn't disappeared per say, but gone into hiding. The big problem was, Pastor Young blew up the council, which was a good thing for all the vampires in town, but not for Ada. The first problem was the fact that the old Young family farm was one of the only things she had left of Aria, she didn't really visit it anyway, but Aria always did love that house. The second problem was that Pastor Young's death obviously brought the Young's back into town, which was horrible. Dread and panic had filled Ada when she thought Adam was coming back, but turns out, he didn't come home for his father's death. What a fucking asshole.

He let April deal with everything.

April had come back to town, she enrolled in school, and was older now, she wasn't just some moody preteen. It was kind of weird.

Ada felt sort of bad for her though. Apparently, a vampire hunter had come to town and kidnapped her during her father's funeral. A part of Ada wanted to reach out, protect her from the supernatural world, but Ada was just kidding herself, April hated Ada, she made that clear.

On a plus side, the pastor was dead! Ada could go to the grocery store without having to watch her back. She hated that guy. Everyone was grieving his death like he was a saint, and it was such a tragedy. In reality, he was an asshole if you didn't fit his idea of a perfect Christian.

But it was Virginia, after all, what else was she to expect? The right to marry her girlfriend? Nah, that was asking too much.

It seemed like just as one mystery was put to rest, another one popped up. Elena was now a vampire, and not taking it well, although Ada didn't really know that much because Caroline usually told her. A fancy new vampire hunter appeared out of the blue and wants everyone dead, typical. People gotta get more original.

Finally, her relationship with Caroline. It was... horrible to say the least. Neither had spoken since the fight, Caroline was actually barely ever home, but it was no longer Ada's responsibility to find out where she was going.

She didn't care one bit. Nope.

Ada finished making it around the track three times, slowing down at the starting line. Her breathing was still at a good pace, she didn't completely feel like falling on her face, and that was really all you could hope for.

Leaning over, Ada dangled her arms down, letting her fingers gently rest against the ground. Putting her legs in a starting position, Ada remembered everything like it was yesterday. With the feeling of the ground beneath her feet, the air flowing through her lungs, Aria cheering in the crowd, she could do this. Letting out a final breath, Ada set off down the track.

Racing as fast she could, Ada felt a rush flow through her body, like electricity was in her bones. Ada's arms flew through the air as she pushed harder, faster. Every breath felt like a punch to the chest, but she ignored it.