Seven

Crack. The sound of the two wood sticks as they make contact, Ada playing offensive with Ric desperately trying to protect his face.

"Your getting worse" Ada scoffed as she lowered her weapon

"Or maybe your getting better," Ric said, breathless

"Or maybe you're getting old" Ada quipped with a cocky smile

Ada suddenly jabbed at Alaric, with him responding in a defence

"Your problem is that you only ever play defensive" The wooden sticks making a cracking noise every time they clashed

"Your problem is you're too cocky," Ric said as he swiftly knocked Ada off her feet

Ada lay on her back laughing, she had to give it to him, he caught her off guard. Ric helped Ada up as the pair laughed, only to have his feet knocked out from under him seconds later.

"Your problem is that you think the fight ends at some point"

Ric let out a pained groan "Touche"

Ada held out her hand to help Ric up from the forest floor, but instead of taking it, he just glared at it.

"The fight is now over," Ada said begrudgingly

Finally, Ric took her hand, and Ada struggled to not roll her eyes. Ada bent down to take a sip of water and winced as she lifted her arm a little bit too high.

"What the hell happened to you?" Ric questioned with a raised eyebrow

Ada shrugged "I gave myself a tattoo"

Late last night, Ada had gotten bored of rearranging her room, so she pulled out the India ink Aria had given her for her 14th birthday, and a trusty needle. Back in sophomore year, Ada and Aria hung out with potheads, who very graciously taught Ada the art, of the stick and poke. Although her last projects were smaller(An A on her right hand and a tally of 3 under her left boob) This one was by far her favourite. Situated on her right forearm, she had drawn a melting skull with a flower crown on its head. It had turned out pretty well but had caused more pain than expected.

"Why?" Ric gawked

"Why not?" Ada retorted

Just as Ric was about to explain why Ada wasn't allowed to impulsively tattoo herself, his phone started ringing, with Damon appearing as the contact.

"We'll continue this discussion later," Alaric said as he answered the phone

Ada rolled her eyes, if Ric wanted to die on this specific hill, he could, but it wouldn't change Ada's mind in the slightest. Ada could care less about what Damon had to say, probably something about killing Klaus, but Alaric's face turned grave and pale, and Ada wondered what Damon could say to possibly faze him.

"Ok, I'll ask her, let me call you back, "Ric hung up the phone and turned to Ada

"We need your help"

"No," Ada had been through this before, they used her for her power, then completely forgot she existed, and then the cycle repeated like Ada was an object, not a person.

"Ada please, Elijah is going to kill Elena" Ric pleaded

"Find another way, one that doesn't involve me," Ada started to pack up her stuff

"Please Ada, if not for them, for me-" Alaric realized that begging wouldn't help, so he tried a different tactic

"You'll get to siphon a spell from the original witch"

Ada's ears perked up, there was only one thing Ada always craved, and that was power. Taking power straight from the creator of black magic, what a rush that would be.

Ada put her stuff back on the ground, and smirked at Ric "What do you need me to do?

________________________________________________________________________________

For Ada to siphon the spell, it would have to be during the ceremony, which meant Elena would remain a prisoner until midnight. The Salvatore brothers were restless all evening, questioning Ada and constantly asking when it was time to leave, they were like children waiting to go to the toy store, but that wasn't to say that Ada wasn't restless either, the prospect of siphoning pure black magic was exhilarating, and the sooner she got to do it the better. So when Damon, Stefan and Ada arrived at the Old witch house and heard chanting, they were all eager to get this over with. As the trio climbed out of the car and walked towards the ritual, Stefan stopped Ada.

"Are you sure you can do this?" he questioned

Ada clicked her tongue "Ye have little faith, Stefan, watch and learn"

Esther, Finn, Bonnie and her mother all stood in the circle of white salt with a star in the centre and the three Mikealson brothers stood on the outside, a barrier spell, smart. Ada walked until she stood right in line with Esther, and turned to the brothers.

"Tonight, I will be playing the part of the Mikealson family guardian angel," She said, taking a small bow

"Enjoy the show" a cocky smile grew on her face

Ada turned to Esther and made her way towards the circle. Ada got as close to the barrier as she could, then knelt before it and put her hand on the salt not protected by the barrier, and did what Ada did best, she siphoned.

The power flooded through Ada's bones, making every nerve in her body explode, it was truly euphoric. The pure black magic was more addictive than any drug Ada had ever done, she wanted every last drop for herself, and if it came down to it, she would stop at nothing to get it. But even though her intoxicated state, Ada could feel it, in the deepest darkest part of herself, lived a monster in a cage, and it was using the black magic to try and escape. The monster threw itself at the bars that made up its box of confinement, growing more powerful as Ada absorbed more and more magic. But Ada wouldn't just let it win, she pressed her back against the door of the cage, she wouldn't let it open, although Ada didn't know how she would fight the darkness inside of her, she had to.

Suddenly, the magic from the ritual was all dried up, the monster and it's cage retreated back to it's dark corner, and Ada opened her eyes. A cold chill lingered in the air, the fire was gone, the once white salt was now black, Finn lay desiccated in the circle, and the three witches toppled over in pain with blood dripping from their eyes. Ada's entire body was bursting with magic, and she was dying to test it out. Ada stood up and raised her arms slightly, she watched black roots grow from the ground and climb up the exterior of the old witch house, engulfing the normal greenery. Although it seemed impossible, Ada's wicked smile continued to grow, did she mention how much she loved power?

"That's more like it" Ada mumbled to herself, pleased with her abilities

"You're a monstrosity!" Esther yelled breathlessly

Ada strode over to Esther and crouched until they were at the same height. "Oh darling," Ada grabbed Esther's face and jerked it until their eyes met "you've got it all wrong, I'm your worst nightmare"

Ada snapped Esther's neck in a swift movement, then stood up and brushed the dirt off her hands. Ada met Bonnie's death stare with a wink as she turned to the Mikealsons.

"Don't worry, she'll wake up in a few hours, although I doubt you want to talk to her," Ada walked away from the ritual and towards the car, but stopped in her tracks "Oh and, your welcome"

As Ada walked away, everyone else was left gawking at what they had just seen, trying to decide if she was powerful beyond compare, or a monster that needed to be put down.

Authors note:

This is a short chapter, but the next chapter will be the longest one yet so stay tuned. Please vote and comment, seeing people actually liking the story makes me so fucking giddy, so thank you for the support:)

I listen to way too much Taylor swift. Have a great day, or not, you decide.