Ten

TW: A LOT OF TALK ABOUT ATTEMPTED SUICIDE, SUICIDE, SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND SELF-HARM DON'T READ IF SENTIVIE TO DARK SUBJECT MATTER

The sun peeked through the blinds, creating dancing shadows across Ada's walls. For the first time in a week, Ada had slept, but her bones also felt dry, crying out for more magic, just like a junkie begging for a fix. Ada let out a groan and rolled onto her side, immediately regretting it as a searing pain shot through her arm, wincing, Ada laid on her back and stared at the ceiling.

Ada had gotten a little carried away with the cutting, it was bad, even she could admit. Ever since Klaus mentioned it she couldn't stop thinking about how she was kind of a walking vampire beacon, if any of her cuts bled, every vampire in the proximity(which was usually just Caroline let's be honest) would smell it and result in either her death or Caroline finding out about her extracurricular activities. Ada would have gladly chosen the first option.

After contemplating all her options, Ada decided to get out of bed, and maybe go to school for once. It wasn't like school was necessary, magic could get her anything she wanted in life, plus she already had Caroline compel the principal to ignore her absences and let her graduate with any grades, so going was out of complete boredom.

Ada rolled out of bed and walked over to the bathroom. She stood in front of the mirror and barely recognized the person looking back at her. She looked so old, so tired, so sad. Not to mention the scars that lined her forearm, what would Caroline say if she saw them? Ada hadn't cut in a long time, sure, she burned herself, but she was 4 months free of cutting, but all of that was down the drain. Looking down at her wrists, Ada saw the dark scars across them from her first attempt, it had been two years, they were fading, which was supposed to be a good thing.

Ada took a quick shower and tried to push her thoughts aside, just like she always did. She got changed as quickly as possible before heading to the kitchen, but to her dismay, when she got there, the coffee pot was empty "CAROLINE!"

Ada yelled in no particular direction "Did you drink all the coffee?!"

"No, I did" A male voice spoke, one Ada hadn't heard in years. Ada turned around to see her father standing in the doorway. Her fucking father. The man who up and left one day never bothering to explain or call, but stayed in contact with her twin, who went on trips and called and explained everything to her twin. The man who abandoned her. The man who neglected her. The man who fucked up her life.

"Oh," And with that, Ada brushed past him, grabbing her backpack and heading off to school.

________________________________________________________________________________

Caroline slammed her locker shut and jumped when she saw Ada standing right behind it. "My God, you scared me" Caroline laughed as she held a hand to her heart

"Why the hell is our father in our house?" Ada asked, angrily

Caroline began walking to her next class, with Ada following suit "He's graciously offered to help Tyler break the sire bond" Caroline smiled brightly, ignoring Ada's attitude

"And you didn't feel like telling me this last night? or the night before?" God, why did Caroline have to be so ignorant sometimes? It was infuriating.

Caroline just shrugged it off "Don't worry about it, anyways I signed you up for the decade dance help committee" What the actual fuck?

Caroline and Ada sat down in Alaric's class, but Ada couldn't concentrate. Did Caroline never question the fact that only she went on vacations with their father? That only Caroline ever went to visit him? Or that only Caroline spent holidays with him? Did she never question it?