Eleven

TW: DEPRESSION AND DARK SUBJECT MATTER, PLEASE DON'T READ IF YOU ARE EASILY TRIGGERED

11 days. Fuck.

It had been 11 days since Ada had left the house, or her bedroom, or her bed. Her hair was greasy, her teeth were fuzzy, and she probably looked like absolute shit, it wouldn't like she would know though, Ada had put sheats over the mirrors, but she didn't know if it was helping. Ada's room smelled like a rat's ass, dishes had piled up with unfinished food on them, sweaty clothes lined the floors, and they all came together to create the most pewtered smell in the world. Ada had finally figured out what the dreams she was having were about, they were trying to warn Ada that she was spiralling, or maybe they just wanted to make Ada suffer more. No, it wasn't enough to take away her motivation to live, let's make it so that she's unable to sleep as well! Yeah let's torture her, that sounds like a good plan. Well, guess what, it wasn't. Every time Ada fell asleep, she would dream of the voices, of the hands, pulling her into darkness, the feeling of helplessness, and then she would wake up in cold sweats, unable to fell asleep again. Ada couldn't tell which was worse, the nightmares in her dreams, or the nightmare of her life.

Caroline seemed to be taking the whole dead dad thing a lot better than Ada, which was weird because their father actually loved Caroline, whereas he didn't even consider Ada his daughter. In the days after her father's death, Ada had learned that when your own father doesn't consider you his daughter, just some abomination, actually weighs on a person, a lot. So while Caroline was off distracting herself with party planning or destroying evil, Ada stayed in bed, not crying, but just feeling empty, feeling worthless. And watching a lot of television. Ada hadn't talked to anyone besides Caroline, and even their conversations were brief, a quick, are you okay? Met with a, I'm fine, and that was that. Ada knew she would have to get out of bed soon, mostly because her body would shut down if she didn't eat something other than coffee or plain white bread, but starvation wouldn't be the worst way to go, it would just take a long time, and Ada wasn't a very patient person.

Ada lay in bed, staring at the wall. She had just spent 11 days in bed, but she still felt so tired, everything was so fucked up. Ada pushed off her confronted and santered over to the bathroom, she had to go pee really badly, but while she was doing her business, the doorbell rang. Fan-fucking-tastic. Ada decided that she would just ignore it, Carolines package could stay out there for all Ada could care. But suddenly the person started pounding on the door, who the hell was being this annoying?

"Ada! It's Alaric open up!" She should have known, Ada still stayed quiet, she could pretend like she was asleep and then he would go away. Solid plan. "I know your in there! I'm going to keep knocking until you answer!" Mother fucker. Ada quickly finished her business and trudged down the stairs, taking a quick peek at herself in the hallway mirror, only to confirm that she looked atrocious, the bags under the eyes took up her entire face, her hair was basically just knots, her hoodie and sweatpants had stains on them, not to mention the humongous pimple that was taking residence on her forehead, rent-free might she add. Ada's hand hovered above the doorknob, she really wasn't in the mood for a visitor.

"ADA! I won't hesitate to kick the door down if you don't answer!" Whatever, Ada grabbed the doorknob and swung the door open "What do you want?"

"Nice to see you too" Ric let out a sigh of relief and walked past Ada straight into the house " I brought you food" Ada quickly snatched the brown paper bag and coffee cup from his hands before making her way to the kitchen

"I'm not in the mood for visitors today Ric" Ada grumbled as she set her food down, opening the bag to reveal a grill cheese sandwich

Alaric just shook his head "It's been weeks Ada, people who are okay don't stay in their houses for weeks at a time" He was being dramatic it hadn't been weeks, only 11 days.