Eighteen

The world is constantly moving. The sun rises and the moon falls, and vice versa. Time. Sometimes it's a beautiful thing, blooming and changing and evolving, showing you each and ever side of itself, it's imperfection. But in another way, it was the worst thing to ever exist, your hands grow sweaty and your heart rate picks as you realize your wasting your life away and that before you know it you'll be old and dead, throwing you into a full blown panic attack. Fucking time, the original hoe, screwing everyone.

To Ada though, she had set up her life, so time no longer existed. She wasn't weighed down by any mundane life activities, she merely did anything and everything on a whim, because she had nothing better to do. She no longer had any responsibilities, no school, no work, no friends, nothing. She could merely float. It probably wasn't a good thing, when you really thought about it. A lot of time she felt like she was floating through a life that was no longer hers, like it started out as a game, but now she wanted to come down, and she couldn't. She was stuck.

But because of her lack of said responsibilities, Ada often times found herself staring at the ceiling.

Ada's room was, interesting. To say the least. The ceiling was black, dark, a void. And her walls were pasty eggshell white, creating a very odd, but kind of fun contrast. It felt like you might just get sucked up into the ceiling at any moment. Just woosh! And you'd be gone.

The rest of the room, needed some work. The only furniture in there was Ada's bed, a double even though it was highly unnecessary, a side table, and a dresser. There used to be a lot more, but Ada threw away both her mirrors because having to look at herself sounded icky. She'd had a bookshelf, which she then destroyed in a fit of rage. And then there was the desk situation, for most of her life, Ada had a desk in her room, but one day, Caroline fucking stole it. She complained she was using hers as a vanity, and needed one for school, so she took Ada's, it still stood their to this day.

Ada never tried to get it back, because in reality she didn't really want it anyways, she found the floor offered much better back support.

They're were no rugs or carpets in Ada's room. No plants either. The only thing that resided on the walls were sketches, but only a few. There was one large ish window, facing nothing but trees, and a fuck ton if miscellaneous shit sat under her bed.

Oh, and let's not forget the closet that's particularly empty.

The room definitely took a minimalistic approach, and also looked sort of like a jail-cell. Ada didn't care though, she felt much to suffocated by physical things, and they were much too easy to smash. Looking up at the black ceiling, Ada highly regretted making it so, simple. She should've drawn or painted something on it, make it spooky or trippy, just something so she wouldn't have to stare at a boring ass ceiling whenever she needed to contemplate things.

Fiddling with the dagger pendant Ric had given her, Ada's eyes darted around the room, something felt weird.

The last few days had been there own sort of hell. Trying to forget everything was always hard, Ada kept a lot of secrets, not only from other people, but from herself aswell. And when something reached down her throat to force her to remember, it was just about as unpleasant as ripping off all your fingernails.

Other memories took the opportunity to try and run free aswell, escape from the cages holding them, it was sort of a free for all in Ada's brain. She never liked thinking about the past, her parents, those days in the forest. Most of it was blurry, but all she really remembered was how terrified she was, that her father would find her and send her off to some horrible place. She felt so unloved, empty. At the age of twelve, she was already so familiar with the feeling of being alone.

There was no way she would've ever came back from that.

Glancing around her room, Ada locked eyes with something, an article of clothing. It was what was fucking everything up. Disturbing her time of contemplation with sky blue eyes and a tantalizing smirk. On top of her dresser sat the root of her problems. Klaus's jacket.

Quickly standing from her lounging position on the floor, she snatched up the jacket. She was supposed to get rid of this weeks ago, she was just so lazy she had forgotten. Yeah, that was why. Stomping down the stairs of her empty house, Ada pushed through the front door, marching down her driveway, straight to the garbage can that sat on the curb. Throwing the lid open, Ada dunked the nice-smelling black jacket in the garbage, slamming the lid right back down in triumph. Turning to walk back to the driveway, Ada dusted off her hands, but suddenly stopped.

Was she really going to throw it away? It would be bad for the environment, and Ada didn't want to pollute anymore than she already did, just think of how much her carbon footprint would be growing if she threw it away! Yeah, yeah, she could just return it to him, he probably wanted it back.

But returning it too him would mean seeing him again, then her stomach would get all twisted and her heart would beat like she was running a marathon. It was a horrible feeling, truly. And if she was gonna return it to him, it couldn't smell like trash, then he would know she put it in the trash!

Ada let out a long groan, before spinning on her heals, walking right back to the garbage can. Hesitating for a moment, then letting out a long sigh, Ada threw open the lid once more, pinching her nose and grabbing the jacket out of the garbage. It no longer smelled nice.

Marching back to her house, with a lot less confidence, Ada stomped downstairs, to the laundry room. Throwing open the washing machine door while grumbling to herself, Ada threw in the jacket, changing the setting to quick wash, and started the machine.

Ada let out a long ass sigh, so long, you would've thought she worked a 9 to 5 job seven days a week. Plopping down in front of the washing machine, she watched it spin round and round and round, suds and water accumulating.

This was so much worse.

Resting her head in her hands, Ada could now, only think about him. With his stupid jacket, and stupid lavender field, and his stupid smirk, and his stupid stupid stupid beautiful blue eyes.

Man, would she love to just stare at those eyes, sketch them and- NO! No, there would be no sketching of the eyes or anything that ever had do with that psycho maniac ever again! He terrorized her sister and her sisters friends! He had murder people! It didn't matter how nice or funny or interesting he was, this would be the final time she ever thought about him.

Staring at her reflection in the washing machine door, Ada felt more confused than she ever had in her entire life.

And a part of her loved it.

Authors note:

*smiles like an idiot*