Twenty Four

Ada stood outside a pair of gym doors, unsure if she should go inside or not.

It had been a month since Ada had killed Liz. December came and went in a haze, she tried to think less and less about what she had done. No one was coming back to life, Ada couldn't dwell on something she couldn't change forever.

Christmas came and went, she spent Christmas Eve with Caroline, watching cheesy old Christmas movies and baking things their mother never would've. But Ada spent Christmas Day alone, apparently, Caroline was doing some secret Santa thing, but she also had to spend time with Tyler, his mother had died after all.

Actually, more correctly, Klaus drowned Carol. Which, in a sort of twisted way, made Ada feel better about accidentally murdering her own mother. At least she regretted it and had no malicious intentions, that had to count for something right?

So things hadn't been necessarily getting better, but they had been changing, and for once, Ada welcomed it. But with change, came confusion. Which was sort of why Ada stood awkwardly outside her high school gymnasium. They were holding a memorial for Carol Lockwood, the mayor of the town, and Tyler's mom. Caroline had told Ada she had to come, Ada had to be respectful.

But this issue with this was, first, Carol Lockwood was never respectful to Ada. She constantly made remarks about Ada's body anytime they saw one another, which was very little, and she constantly told Ada she needed to be more like Caroline. Ada didn't appreciate either of these things. Secondly, Ada had a very complicated relationship with the man who murdered her. Like really really complicated.

So Ada was confused, should she go in? Should she not go in?

Ada quietly shuffled away, letting out an exasperated groan. Whatever, Ada hated memorials or funerals or wakes or any event where it was supposed to be about the person who died but was really just about their families wanting people to pity them. Maybe Ada was just bitter, considering people had a habit of uninviting her to funerals she would've liked to attend.

Walking towards the bathrooms, Ada kinda had to take a leak. The Mystic falls highschool washrooms we're one of the dirtiest places on the planet. The floor was covered in randomly discarded bits of toilet paper, the toilets themselves must've been over a billion years old, and the walls had some beautiful profanity on them. In the particular stall that Ada chose to do her business in, there was a very profound statement that said PUSSY. Ada felt like her soul had been touched. She thoroughly agreed with the statement.

When Ada was in the middle of doing her business, she heard the door of the bathroom swing open, which would have been fine, except that Ada could see the door, and it didn't physically open. "Hello?" Ada's call got no response, typical. She quickly finished up using the restroom, checking around the bathroom to make sure no one was there. No one was. She washed her hands and left the bathroom still not fully convinced she wasn't about to get attacked. It happened too often nowadays.

"boo" Ada yelped in fear as someone scared her, she had just stepped out of the bathroom, and their Rebekah was "Holy fuck Rebekah, you scared the crap out of me"

Ada tried catching her breath, holding a hand over her heart, she could feel it thumping "What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in forever, I thought you'd left town"

Rebekah smirked "No actually, my brother put me in a coffin, although I would've thought he told you, considering how close you two are now"

Before Ada could defend herself, or even question what Rebekah was talking about, everything went black.

Fucking typical.

_______________________________________________________________________________