Twelve

The Salvatore cellar was one of the grossest places on the planet. Always damp, it smelled like mold and blood, but the most annoying part was the steady droplets of dirty water that escape from a rusted old pipe. Every time you got a moment of peace, drip, drip, it made you want to rip the hair out of your skull. Ada's head pounded with a horrendous headache, the damp cell was starting to get to her, and she didn't even have to be there. She wondered how Alaric put up with it. It was almost like they hoped that the horrible stench of the cellar would bring forth Alaric's alter ego, and honestly if Ada had an alter ego, it probably would've brought out hers, but a lot of things would've probably been able to do that. Ada hoped that if she had an alter ego, she would be a homophobe hunter, going to the end of the earth to keep all the queers safe, she'd be pretty good at it too. Ada knew a homophobe when she saw one, considering most of her extended families were gross homophobic dickwads.

Somehow though, Alaric's alter ego had yet to present itself, so, Ada, Stefan, and Ric were all stuck down there until Ric's switch flipped or some shit. Ric had apologized to Ada profusely over the hour that Ada had spent in the cellar, she was there to be a good friend, or at least that's what she kept telling herself. Honestly, a small part of her wanted to see Alaric's alter ego for herself, maybe even beat the shit out of him, for closure or whatever.

Alaric, the history teacher, had killed her father and then attempted to kill her. Beating him up was free therapy, and it was for a good cause anyway, she was helping find the last white oak stake to keep everyone safe. It was a win-win situation in Ada's eyes, although it kinda sucked for Ric, he would surely love to donate to Ada's rehabilitation. Alaric and Stefan had both made it clear that Ada didn't have to be there, but they were drinking, so maybe she could get past the disgusting smell and psycho killer.

Ada sat on the floor sipping bourbon out of fancy glass and finishing up an outline from months ago in her sketchbook. Stefan and Ric were talking about Elena and Damon, which Ada didn't care about, Caroline talked about it enough why is she spending her time with Damon? And she's gonna realize how stupid she's being, she and Stefan are soulmates! They acted like a girl couldn't change her mind, although it was a dick move to fall in love with someone's brother. Ada could see why everyone favored Stefan, he didn't deserve his girlfriend to be in love with his brother. But that was all of Ada's thoughts on the situation, if Ada had to advise Elena she would just tell her to jump off a cliff. Poof, boy problems gone.

Speaking of boy problems, Ada couldn't stop thinking about the night on the cliff with Klaus. After finally deciding to try and get out of her depressive episode, Ada took a shower, brushed her teeth, ate an apple, and went to help out a friend. But, now that she was there, all of her problems were very real and very prominent in her mind, and oddly enough, that night on the cliff seemed to be the most troubling one. Why had Ada been so open? Ada usually kept everything to herself, and yeah, the alcohol and loss of her father probably played a part, that night was different. She told him, the wicked Klaus Mikaelson, about her daddy issues, it was like she wanted to be tortured. She had given him a weak spot that he could pray on, and then showed him sympathy! What a fucking idiot. What was she thinking? Ada never apologized to anyone, certainly not for things she didn't do, and certainly not to serial killers.

That night, that conversation, stood out in her brain different than everything else. Maybe because she had tried to kill herself earlier that night. Ada also wondered if he would have legitimately saved her if she jumped, or if he was hoping Ada would tell Caroline, which he would be poorly mistaken.

Ada decided to chalk the night up to an embarrassing drunken conversation, that hopefully, Klaus forgot about, that Ada would try to forget about too.

"It doesn't seem like my alter-egos going to make an appearance" Alaric sighed, pulling Ada out of her thoughts

"Maybe we could perform a seance" Ada looked up from her drawing "And like, expel the demon out of you"