cafeteria.

JENNIE

We finally finished our first half day of school

We finally finished our first half day of school. And now we're here at Rosé's favourite place, the cafeteria. She's bugging me forever to go here. There are a lot of options. It's a mini food court. There's even Starbucks here! Like, I love it already. I dragged her to the place where we could get seats. The four of us are here.

Yup, Jisoo and Lisa decided to join us. We were looking for seats when I heard Jongin's voice call us. He was sitting in an empty table with a guy. I smiled at him as he smiled back. The three smirked. I dragged them yet again to that table and made them sit beside me. The table was a circle after all.

I was about to sit in the middle of Rosé and Jisoo when he stood up, gently grabbed my shoulders and hugged me from the back, wrapping his arms around my waist and rested his head on my shoulder.

The three girls and that unknown boy gave us teasing looks. Ugh! How am I supposed to get out of this with them teasing me to hell. I chuckled nervously. "Come sit beside me. I haven't seen you in three hours. I miss you."He said and pouted.

How the heck does he suit cute and sexy? This has to be freaking illegal. I slightly nodded and sighed, sitting between Rosé and him. Rosé nudged me teasingly and wiggled her eyebrows at me. I covered my face with my hands, wanting the ground to just swallow me up.

"You girls can leave your things and buy the foods you want. We'll wait here." Jongin said. I immediately stood up and went to the stew stall. Jisoo also followed me since she mentioned earlier that she wanted stew. "Hey, is he your boyfriend already? Come on, there has to be even a little spark of love!"She asked. I immediately knew who she was talking about. I rolled my eyes.

"No he is not, Jisoo. He's still just best friend." I said lazily, wanting the part needing to explain to everyone that we aren't dating to stop. It's getting quite annoying.

"Not yet." She whispered. I groaned in annoyance and shook my head before walking towards the counter since it's my turn. "Hello, I would like one Sundubu-jjigae and..." I signalled Jisoo to order. "One Yukgaejang please, with extra chili flakes." She ordered. She was about to open her wallet when I stopped her, assuring her that it's on me. I made a new friend anyways.

She was about to argue when I quickly paid, not letting her speak. Soon, the woman gave us our cards. The ones in charge in each stall give students a card, especially appetisers, so that when they buy all of the things they need, we could just pick it up, not worrying about it being alone in the perspective tables.

"Let's go buy some Bulgogi! I'm craving some!" I said to Jisoo. But, she denied and said she needs so buy 'girl stuff'. I immediately understood and told her to go to my locker and get some and I'll wait for her. I went to the vending machine to buy some drinks for my friends. I put some money in and picked a box of milk. I put another bill in and picked chocolate milk for Jongin.

I grabbed the drink and was about to go when a guy called me. "Psst." I turned around and saw a guy with a drink in his hand. "Excuse me?" I asked politely. He chuckled a walked towards me. "Nothing. It's just I think you're cute." He complemented. I bowed and thanked him, walking away afterwards. I felt uncomfortable.

I took my soup from the stall earlier. I saw our table and immediately placed the soup and drinks there, not saying a word and sat. "Is something wrong Jennie?" Jongin asked. I shook my head and gave him a chocolate milk. "What is it?" Rosé asked me.

"There's this guy earlier that talked to me. I don't know, I just felt uncomfortable for some reason so I left." I explained. The girls nodded their heads and continued eating. Meanwhile, Jongin's fist clenched. I immediately held his hand and gave him a warm smile indicating I'm fine.

The three girls and that one boy looked at us. Only Rosé slurping her noodles was heard in our table. I looked confused for a moment and realised it and immediately removed my hand from his. Please eat me up, ground.

"Hey Jennie! I'm Sehun by the way. I was wondering if you like my new friend here." He asked with a smirk. I smiled at him and shook his hands. "Hi Sehun. And no. I don't like him that way. I love him as my best friend." I said and sipped on my soup because it's getting cold.

Jongin chuckled and ate his own food while Sehun was thinking on what to say. He was about to say something when I cutted him off, "No need to respond. We're eating, remember?"

So he just quietly ate his bulgogi, staring at me from time to time. I chuckled under my breath as I sipped the last bit of my soup. "Excuse me." I stood up and took my bowl to the stall. I next bought some cream cheese bagels because they look good. Not to mention they're freshly baked.

I sat again and spread some cream cheese onto my bagel. I took and gosh, it was so good. I made a mental note to buy some more later. "Is it good?" Jongin asked. I didn't say anything and let him take a bite. He did a thumbs up, indicating that it was good.

I gave him one since I bought a lot anyways. In my old school, I love their bagels. But here, their bagels are in another level! I love it! I finished the bagel and threw away the packaging in the nearby trash can. I patted my hands and walked away, humming a tune. "Hey! Psst." Somebody called me so I turned where it came from.

"Hmm? Do you need anything?" I asked. I can't see her face but I'm sure it's girl. She was shaking. I was so confused. What happened? And what is happening? She looks scared of everyone. Whenever someone passes by, she would hide her face which I still couldn't see. She waved her hands again, earning my attention. I'm still so confused.

I slowly approached her. I took a few steps towards her but she stopped me. "Stop right there. Just stay where you are. I'm warning you. I-." She stopped and looked at my left. She sounded scared. "I-i have t-to go. I'll get b-back to you." She said and ran away, covering her face with her books. Why can't I see her face? It was all black.

I walked away slowly, still confused and was not thinking straight. I was interrupted by my thoughts when I bumped into someone's chest. I looked up and saw Jongin, with a face similar to mine's. Pure confusion. I probably look insane right now. My hair is probably a mess.

He chuckled and caressed my hair, fixing it to place. "Are you okay? You look out of the zone." He asked worriedly. I nodded. "I'm fine. Something weird just happened." He looked at me and asked, "What happened?"

"Someone just— you know what, never mind." I said and chuckled. I excused myself walking to the restroom again, trying to process what the heck just happened. First day of school yet I'm already in this. I'm starting to really regret going here.

I washed my face to wake me up, trying to see if I was dreaming. Looks like I'm not. I washed my hands and opened my bag, taking out a pouch. I opened it and touched up my makeup. I touched up my lipstick too before gathering my things and put it neatly in my bag. I was about to go when I heard another whisper, creeping me out. I muttered a what?

"Be careful. Your best friend's life and yours will be in trouble if you act recklessly. Keep an eye on you friend, he will be in danger if doesn't make the right decision." She warned. That voice was the same girl earlier. It turned around, expecting someone but no one was there. Shit.

Author's note:

Ooooo, two mysterious characters. Their identities will be revealed soon🐻💕