book.

JENNIE

I walked towards the library, hoping to find the book I'm looking for

I walked towards the library, hoping to find the book I'm looking for. I need it for a homework. I walked in and was wowed by how huge it was. It was like a paradise for book lovers.

I walked towards the middle-aged woman at the entrance. "Annyeonghaseyo, I would like to know where the history and war books are," I said politely and gave her my library pass.

"The history and war books are in the second level. You'll immediately see the sign 'history and war' in there." She said with a smile. "Thank you." I bowed and went up the stairs.

I pushed the glass doors leading to another huge space full of books and reading areas." I immediately found the history and war section. "Okay, which one is about the Korean war? Let me see..." I knelt down and scanned each title of every book, from the bottom up.

I stood up and scanned the upper part of the bookshelf. "Ah, here it is! Korean war." I removed the book from the shelf and was about to walk away when I saw Jongin on the other side reading a book. I don't think he noticed that I'm here.

I didn't realize I was staring at him until our gazes locked together. I went back to my senses and waved at him. "What are you doing here?" He whispered. I mouthed homework to him and pointed to the book.

He mouthed an ahh and signaled me to go back and read. "Bye." I waved at him. He waved back and went back to reading. I don't know why, but something about him just warms my heart. Maybe because we got really close.

I walked to one of the tables and sat down. "Okay..." I flipped through the book. "The Korean war was a war between North Korea, with military support from China and the Soviet Union, and South Korea, backed by personnel from the United Nations."

I took out my notebook, writing it down as I read. "The war began on 25 June 1950 when North Korea invaded South Korea following clashes along the border and insurrections in the south.

"The war ended unofficially on 27 July 1953 in an armistice..." I was reading pages when someone came up to me and knocked on my table. "Yes?" I asked, not looking at the person, and continued reading.

"Excuse me, can I sit here?" I looked up and saw a girl, with beautiful visuals. "Um, sure," I said and signaled her to sit in front of me. "Hi, I'm Irene." She said and waved her hand. "Hi, I'm Jennie."

"I heard about you before, you're that girl from yesterday aren't you?" I nodded shyly and went back to reading. "I'm so sorry for the scene I caused." I apologized sincerely. She insisted that it was okay.

"It was fine, Jennie. She absolutely deserved it, 100%" She assured. I chuckled at her attitude as she quietly told me all the things Rebecca has done. "She even stepped on my favorite bag! So do you know what I did? I bought an exact copy of her bag and wrote things on it, then when she was changing, I switched them."

"You're such a mood, Irene," I said and chuckled. "I know." She whispered and stood up mouthing, I'm gonna get a book, brb. I gave an ok sign and went back to reading my book.

"So who started the war?" I asked myself quietly and flipped through the pages. "Aha! Here it is..." I cleared my throat. "'The Korean War began when the North Korean Communist army crossed the 38th Parallel and invaded non-Communist South Korea.' So it was the North who did it first."

I wrote it down in my notebook. As I was writing my essay, Irene came back with her book. "What's your book about?" I asked her. "My book is about weapons. It's for my self defense class." She shrugged her shoulders and started to read.

"There's a self-defense class?!" I asked in disbelief. "Yeah, didn't you know?" She asked while reading. "You can take it as an additional class. They made it for girls." She explained.

"I want to take it." I pouted and sighed, reading my book again. She chuckled, looking at me. "If you want to join, just go to the admissions office. They'll sign you up." She said. I'm interested.

"Okay, thanks," I said and wrote my last sentence before gathering my things. "You're leaving?" She asked. I nodded and smile at her, packing up my notebooks and pencils. "I'll leave with you." She said and gathered her things too.

We both walked down the stairs, to the exit. "Oh wait, I forgot something," I said and stopped my tracks. "I'll wait for you outside," Irene said and waved. "Get it quickly!"

I went upstairs and looked for the weapons book. I found it and walked back downstairs to the woman. "Ma'am, I'm borrowing this book," I said politely. She smiled, writing the book title down and my name.

"You can return it whenever you want, just don't lose it." She said. I nodded and bowed at her. "Thank you." I waved at her, walking to the exit. There I saw Irene with the school dog.

"Well, well, well... If it isn't the very girl who ruined my Louie Vuitton bag by writing stuff all over it." She said as she walked closer. "Not my fault your bag was a fake." Irene spat back.

"You motherfuc—." She was about to throw an insult back when a stepped in between them. "Yah, you ugly bitch! Step out of the way and mind your own fvcking business!" She shouted at me.

I scoffed. "Me? Ugly? Dream on. Says the one who has a face not even your mother could love. And fyi, you're the one who should mind your own business. You're the one who keeps on bothering people who did nothing to you!"

"You're the problem. Your presence disgusts me." She said and flipped her hair. "Well, you're the one who keeps on coming back so I don't think I'm the problem anymore," I said coldly. I grabbed Irene's hand and walked away, not letting Rebecca speak anymore.

Author's note:

And again, another huge clue😏😉💖