accident.

AUTHOR

Jennie sat down her desk, pulled out her textbook, and started preparing for the quiz that's happening in literally thirty minutes

Jennie sat down her desk, pulled out her textbook, and started preparing for the quiz that's happening in literally thirty minutes. She studied quietly in the front-left row of the class.

Rosé wasn't with her today because she has a different class. She groaned in annoyance as nothing has sinked in her mind ever since the confession incident. She didn't wanna say anything because Jongin absolutely shouldn't know that she's the one who saved him.

"Good morning class! Get your textbooks and turn to page 175." Their English teacher said. "We will do a quick review before the quiz. Make sure to listen carefully if you wanna pass, got it?" They all answered yes as he started to ask some questions.

"A man decides to go to sleep after an exhausting long day of work. He turns off all the lights and goes to sleep. When he wakes up, he finds out that he has killed 105 sailors. He does not sleep walk and has slept all night without waking up once. How is this possible?" My teachers ask.

Jennie raised my hand. He signaled her to stand up so she did and answered, "The man was a lighthouse operator sir." She smiled confidently. Her teacher smiled back and chuckled. "As per usual... very good Miss Kim!" He clapped his hands.

She bowed at sat back down, and listened to the next question. She let the others answer while she just silently read her textbook. Jennie was silently minding her own business when somebody opened the door, panting.

"I'm sorry I'm late sir. This is the first and last time, I promise." A girl came and sat in the empty seat beside me. "It's fine, just make sure this won't happen again." Their teacher said.

"Hello. I'm Tzuyu." Tzuyu smiled at her and fixed her things. "I'm Jennie. I don't take this the wrong way but just want to ask, are you new here? I haven't really seen you before." Jennie asked awkwardly.

"No, no, no! It's not rude. I'm new here. I just came back from Japan, so forgive me if my Korean is wrong." She apologized. "If you're uncomfortable, you can speak to me in english, I know a lot."

"Oh really?! That's great then." She clapped happily and wrapped her arms around Jennie's.

~*~

Jennie drove at home alone since Jongin had some things to do. She drove while trying to play some songs. She suddenly got a call from a number, so she immediately answered it.

"Yes? Jennie, speaking." She had a bad feeling about something. "I'm sorry but your parents got into a car accident. They are currently here at our hospital." Jennie immediately stepped on the brakes.

"What?" She managed to mutter. "We need your consent as the only legal decision maker for both of your parents." The nurse in the other side of the line said. She rested her head against the seat as tears slowly streamed down her cheeks.

"I'll be there." She said and wiped her tears and quickly turned around, driving hurriedly to the hospital.

~*~

As Jongin prepared for his photoshoot, he got a phone call from his so called best friend. "Yes? Jennie?" He widened his eyes as he heard the news. "What?!"

He didn't think twice and took his coat, running out of the studio, ditching his photoshoot. "Hey!!! Kim Jongin!!!" His manager shouted but he couldn't care less. His number one priority is Jennie. All he could think of is her and how she's feeling.

~*~

Jennie made her way to the emergency room and ran towards the station. "I'm Jennie Kim, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Kim." The nurse's face nodded at her. "Your parents are still in the OR. Your father got TBI (traumatic brain injury), luckily, he only had a mild concussion. Your mother on the other hand had an open fracture and is also getting operated at the moment. You can wait at the seating area there."

She teared up at the state of her parents. And lost her energy to stand up, making her sit on the floor and cry. She couldn't help but cry harder, letting her emotions out. Shekept crying until she felt warm muscular arms envelope her into a comforting hug.

She looked up and saw the very man she needed on times like this. She buried her face on his chest and cried harder. He held her tight as he supported her to stand up and sit on one of the leather chairs.

"Go on. Let all your emotions out. It'll hurt more of you bottle it up." He said and caressed my back as she cried. "Cry it all out. That's why people like me exist, so you can share your honest thoughts with someone."

She needed this. Once again, she was extremely thankful for Jongin's existence in her life. It made her feel better knowing she's free to express her true emotions without getting judged.

Author's note:

I'm sorry 😢😅. I have an extreme headache so I can't think properly. This chapter is probably crappy but it'll hopefully do. 💖💖