Chapter 58: Terrified

Natsuki's POV

Trust isn't something you can just ask for and have it in an instant. It takes weeks, months, and even years to build. But on my case? Time's not an option, or a choice. It's such a huge risk to take but what more can I do? I'll either have to walk out of here by myself without any safety reassurance or have someone who actually knows the way out. What even is safe? It wouldn't make any difference since MC already turned down his own blood.

I don't want to believe when he told me about burning down his own house, but part of me still believe that he did. Does doing it really necessary? I'm not sure. I'm still baffled of this whole thing going on, it's like I'm in an inescapable nightmare. God please put an end to this, and not the bad kind of end but I'm desperate for a good ending right now.

"How much longer till we get there?", I don't know if my legs can go on any further. MC is struggling as much as I am. And having most of an old, injured man's weight against you isn't an easy job, "At this rate, it should be about half an hour..b-but don't worry, we will get there in time", he gave me a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "We have to..", he quietly mumbled, which I still heard.

I can only groan in vein as we keep on stumbling our way to get out of this forrest. It's so dark out here. But good thing the moon's out, I see very little of what's up ahead. Not really helping but it is something.

I really want to stop and catch my breath, and rest a little bit. But we're hearing more and more footsteps approaching from behind, and there seems to be a lot of people looking for us. I can even hear them now oh God..

"Hurry..hurry Natsuki..", he's struggling to pick up the phase. I tried my best to keep up with him while we continue to support papa, he's barely conscious but he is trying to walk despite his injuries. This is way too much for me, the dress, weight, and everything is slowing me down. I'm so desperate to rest.

Until such time my knees gave out and fell harshly on the ground. "Damn! N-natsuki..come on, stand up, we're so close, you can do this..", sorry MC, your words of encouragement won't do me any good right now, my legs already gave up. "P-please..take p-papa with you..", I took another large intake of breath. "G-get him to the n-nearest hospital..hauh..hah..", I brought my hand up to my chest.

It felt like my lungs were being ripped open. "No I'm not gonna leave you behind, Natsuki-"

"Quickly! I think they went this way!"

MC's face is now filled with horror. "Natsuki we really have to move, now", he's trying to stay calm but his body betrayed him. His shaking really bad. "I-I can't..", my body already gave out. "T-tell Yuri I love her..tell everyone I..I love them.."

"NO! I'M NOT GOING TO LEAVE YOU BEHIND!", he brought me up to my feet and placed my arm around him for support. "No..m-my papa..", the footsteps are getting closer..

"S-sir, get up. Come on", he can't be serious. He somehow managed to get papa up to his feet too. "We can make it out of here..we can't..stop now", with a grunt, he attempted to take a step forward. I really do appreciate the fact that he's not willing to give up even though doom is literally just a couple of feet away from us. But what's the use, my will power isn't strong enough and my body wants to shut down.

We managed to get this far didn't we? I have to at least keep trying, not for me, but for the people who's waiting for me to get back to them.

Please let there be a happy ending to all of this..

"Well..well..well..playing hero are we boy?", oh no..please no..

"I-impossible..how are you alive?!", MC is looking at him as if he's seeing ghosts. There stood a man, I'll assume it's his dad. Two guys are by his side with a flashlight- lighting us. I couldn't make out their faces since they're lighting the flashlight straight at our eyes, "Nice try boy, it takes more than fire to stop me", I heard a click. I fear it's from a fire arm's lock.

I'm sweating pretty badly and my heart wants to leap out of my chest. I'm far from scared..I know that.

I am terrified.

Even more terrified when they stopped shining our eyes. A man stood..with half of his arm burned and most parts of his clothes already torn. His face..oh god his face..

I feel like throwing up.

"Look at what you've done to me..my own SON! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT TOOK ME JUST SO YOU CAN HAVE THE LIFE YOUR MOTHER ALWAYS WANTED?! AND THIS IS HOW YOU REPAY ME?!"

"YOU KILLED HER!"

"THAT WAS HER FAULT! SHE HAD AN AFFAIR WITH THAT MAN! WHY DO YOU THINK I KILLED HIM ALONG WITH HIS FAMILY IN THE FIRST PLACE?! SHE RUINED US ALL! AND YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!", he stopped for a moment, then suddenly he let out a loud scream.

He's still in pain since he didn't even bother to tend up his wounds, even the most obvious ones. One of his men came up to him, probably telling him about his injuries, but he only told him off. "I DON'T CARE! IT'S ALREADY OVER OKAY?! THERE'S NO POINT TRYING TO FIX ME UP! HE ALREADY RUINED ME!", he turned to us, and he's may be the scariest thing I've ever seen tonight. He looks like a monster from a horror movie. This is worse than a horror movie, this is reality..

I'm still hoping this is all just a dream.

The look he's giving us sends chill down my spine, it looks like he wanted to murder us. "Not only you MC...HE also ruined me..yes..yes....Roy..he..if it wasn't for him, everything would've still went as planned..he made everything worse..none of this wouldn't have happened if he only did what he was told..yes..all of this..if he just burned the place himself..", b-burned the place?

"W-what are you-"

"IF HE ONLY KILLED THEM HIMSELF, THEN MY WIFE WOULDN'T HAVE FOUND OUT THAT I DID IT! I WOULDN'T HAVE KILLED HER!"

"DAD DON'T BLAME THEM ON THIS! IT'S MY FAULT OKAY?! I'M THE ONE AT FAULT! Please let them go out of here safely..please I'm the one you're after!", MC's eyes are swelling with tears. I'm just..stunned..

"It's already too late for that boy", he's filled with so much hate that he didn't bother having second thoughts and pulled the trigger.

"No...no...no...NO! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"