Chapter 32: Burden

Natsuki's POV

I picked up the nearby stick then poked the bonfire, it's already night time and everybody is here partying and stuff, except for Monika and Sayori that is. I wonder where those two are? If it weren't for Sayori texting me in the morning that she won't be around for the day, I would've initiated a search party.

It's obvious that those two are together right now but they're nowhere to be seen all day. I'm dying to know what happened! There are two possibilities you know! Possibility number one: my plan didn't work and they're probably somewhere sulking on the shore and crying or something, just thinking about it is making me feel so incredibly guilty already!

Possibility number two: they made out and they fucked each other all night and they don't have the energy to get up in the morning. Oh my, that sounds...flavoury. I slapped myself. I knew watching fifty shades was a bad idea, now look at me. But I kinda wish it was less..hetero.

Enough about that, ya'll probably curious how I got Sayori to find the cabin. Well, I just told her a little lie that's all. Thanks to my 'expert' acting, Sayori immediately ended the call after I told her that Monika got kidnapped, of course I told her where the location is. And now, I have no idea what happened. The others are asking where they are too but I just made up an excuse, I hope they believed me, which is highly impossible.

And Carl, well, he's by the shore with a drink in hand. He said he wanted to be alone, did he and Sayori had a fight? Is Monika involved? Is he gonna be okay? He looks like a zombie since morning. I snapped out of my daze when I heard Carly's voice, she stood in front of the bonfire, facing us. She had this huge grin on her face.

"I would like everyone to know that, MC and I are together!", everybody, including me, cheered and started to mess with MC. Finally! I nudged MC's shoulder, since he's right next to me, "I knew you can do it! Haha! Good job man", he looked down, hiding his face.

I was about to ask him what was wrong when Carly let out a huge laugh, getting our attention. "Um, Carly? Are you alright?", Marie asked, wearing a concern expression. Carly wiped an imaginary tear from her eye then said, "Correction Natsuki, I was the one who asked him out", she giggled. MC sunk back on the seat then hugged his knees close to his chest, burying his face.

Okay, hearing Carly said that is extremely weird. I mean, what the hell?! Yukiho and I burst out laughing, holly crap it's freaking hilarious! Yuri and Marie started to laugh awkwardly along with us, oh come on, they have to admit, it's funny.

I made fun of MC while the others are having a talk on the other side. He's flustered as hell and I think he's going to pass out because of my teasing. So, as much as I want to keep making fun of the guy, I decided to leave him be and told him to fuzz off with his girlfriend. Carly and Yukiho are drinking while laughing at a joke which by the way, is not that funny. Where did they even get those drinks from? And they're still teenagers, are they not aware that they're getting drunk?

Oh hush Natsuki it's 2019, we party until we pass out. Or die, either from the two.

I just watched them though, I have problem with liquors. Not just that those things are bad for me but they reminded me of..my past years I guess. "Is Carl okay?", I heard a small voice coming from my front. Marie is sitting crossed leg on the sand and staring at Carl. But she seems to be talking to herself rather than talking to me, she's really a sweet and quiet girl. I bet she's even prettier than that bitch ass Mars if she'll loose that glasses and show a little more of her cute skin.

Gayness I need you to back off, right now! And speaking of Mars, where is that bitch? Eh, it doesn't matter. I like it when she's not around.

"Why don't you go talk to him then? I'm sure he needs someone's company right now", I said, making Marie startled then brought her hand up to her chest as she faced me. "D-don't scare me like that..", she said in a tone which I barely even heard, her voice is hella cute.