Chapter 18: Just a Talk

Monika's POV

Checking the time on the wall clock, it's 11:26 meaning it's already lunch. After Yuri's little presentation earlier, I can't help but smile and admire the couple. Speaking of couple, they're by the table where the leftovers are. Natsuki's carrying a little boy, which I assume to be Mrs. Jackson's son, while Yuri keeps on arguing that she would carry him instead because she might not be able to handle his weight. Of course Natsuki refused and the boy stuck his tongue out at Yuri. Seriously those two.

There's still a lot of people in here, I'm grateful they came and participated, this is all Yuri's doing I can tell, I should thank her later on. But..

I looked at the two love birds again, Yuri has a gauze wrapped around her arm, I wonder what happened to her?
Probably just a bruise or something, since no one around asked about it. It's surprisingly not noticeable though.

Then I heard a laugh. I saw MC and Carly talking and laughing by the doorway, they looked happy. I wasn't able to give that happiness to MC, I wasn't able to make him smile like that.

I sighed. It still hurts, what does she have that I don't? I was once a member of the debate club, I'm smart, and money is not an option, I've got plenty of those. And I'm positive that I have the looks but why? Why her?! Am I missing something? Should I blonde my hair? Should I just try and try and fail all over again? Ugh why?!

Why can't it just be..me?

I sat on the chair next to me. Now I know what it felt like...

Where did I go wrong? I just love someone, yet I also ended up hurting Sayori.

Everyone I cared just, they just don't see how much effort I've spend just for the them to notice me, to return the feelings, to share and cherish it together.

I guess I'm just made to hurt everyone, and sadly that's my purpose. And I'm meant to be alone.

I turned to look at MC and Carly again, If she's making him happy, then I'm okay with it. In fact, I don't feel hurt anymore, that's good. But, there's still a heavy weight on my chest, this has something to do with Sayori. I need to go find and talk to her, I wanted things to be back to the way they were, I want her to be happy and the only way I could do that is for me to apologize, and hopefully she'll forgive me.

I pulled out a pen from my pocket then started to check for today's schedule. So far, no one asked to join the club yet, hopefully I could hook up members by the end of this week. I never told the guys but the club still needed a few members, maybe 2 or three, or else the council will shut it down.

I sighed. My life's in shambles and never ending suffering, and I'm so happy about it! Note the sarcasm.

Also, did I mention that Yuri has a good singing voice? Maybe she and I could go and join the music club, this club of mine is gonna disappear soon anyway! Oh gosh what am I thinking?

"Um..hi", I looked up to see a girl with short, black, ebony hair. She's wearing thick glasses, I stood up from the seat then smiled down at her, she has the same height as Natsuki's. "Hello there, what can I do for you?", I asked.

"I was wondering if maybe I could join the club?", she asked shyly. I smiled widely, "Of course!", without thinking I wrapped my arms around her then hugged her. But it was only for a split second, I pulled away to see shock written all over her face.

"I'm so sorry! God I just made everything awkward", I heard a laugh after I said that. "I-It's okay, I'm Marie Kazama", she said.

"I'm Mo-"

"I know", she giggled.

This girl is adorable, she's just what I need. "Are you sure you want to join? If so what's the reason?", I asked.