Chapter 39: Beautiful in Glasses

Third Person's POV

Sitting quietly on the desk, she let her mind wander about the events that took place last night. Everyone is busy making their poem, but she already did hers with ease. She took a deep breath then fixed her glasses again, the thing is annoying but she knew she needed it. She could've just used her contacts but her glasses is part a of her life throughout the years, she knew she looked bad in it, at least, that's what her sister told her.

She's right, in fact the two of them are complete opposites. True they have the same eye and hair color but most people think they're not related, some even didn't know that Mars had a sister. She couldn't blame them, she's always hiding in the shadows since birth. Mainly because she hated attention, and Mars doesn't.

Then an image of Carly suddenly popped in her mind, she squinted her eyes in annoyance and lightly shook her head. She knew she had to talk to her about what happened, I wish I had the guts, she frowned because she knew that she'll only avoid the girl because she's embarrassed and most of all, scared. Carly's supposed to be the one feeling this not me! She's the one who kissed me, so it's her fault!

But you kissed her back, her mind blurted. She hits her head on the desk then groaned in annoyance, I hate myself. She chanted mentally over and over again, I made a mistake too, and I have to face the consequences. The thought about telling Carl about his sister scared her, what if they're gonna fight? I don't want to be the cause of their fight and ruin their relationship, I don't want to lie either.

Maybe, maybe I'll just wait for the right time. Yes that's what I'll do, and it's not lying either, just waiting for the perfect and right moment yeah that's it. She thought, then a cheerful greeting brought her back to reality, snapping her out of her daze. "Hey Marie! Let's share our poems!", the girl exclaimed while holding her poem out to her.

Marie gave the girl a smile before they exchanged they're poems. As expected, it's about love and she's basically describing how much she cared for her significant other, which was the president of course. Sayori's poem is cute, and full of passion, the message behind it is too smile no matter how bad things are and always look on the positive side. Marie adored her poem because it's cute and simple, yet full of lessons and values.

"Your poem is amazing Sayori, I see you have an inspiration", Marie quietly said as she smiled at the girl. Sayori's cheeks turned red, she chuckled and swayed her hips side to side like a kid. She's cute, Marie thought. "Well, yours is very..unique?", Sayori nervously laughed and scratched her nape.

I expected that kind of reaction from her, Marie thought. She used way too much metaphors and words that are rarely used and heard, her poem is very confusing, even she can't understand some of the parts. Maybe because she's lost in her own thought while writing this earlier, "Well, I can tell you my opinion if you like?", Sayori asked.

Marie agreed because she's very eager to know what she wrote about based on Sayori's understanding. "I think your poem is about doubts, like for example: your torn about something and you have no idea what to do but to wait for nature to take it's course. Well, that's exactly where it says it right here", Sayorichuckled and pointed at a sentence on the poem while showing it to the girl. "You have doubts about something Marie? Hmm?", Sayori wiggled her eyebrows at Marie in a teasing manner. Making the girl looked away as her face flushed, she's always like this.

"T-thank you for your opinion, I better share my poem to the others", Marie quickly took her poem back and left before Sayori can tease her even more.

They spent an entire hour writing, talking, and chilling in the club room while eating sweets and drinking tea. The president, that's what Marie likes to address the brunette. She looks up to her because she's perfect in every angle, she and Sayori really belonged together, she thought with a smile while keeping her gaze at the two. As usual they're being sweet again and you can see the love that they're eyes hold for each other, same with the pinkette and Yuri. Though only the difference is that, Natsuki is mad because Yuri teased her again.