Chapter 29: Island (Part 2); Threat

Natsuki's POV

"Do you wanna join us Natsuki?!", I looked up then smiled at Yukiho. A few minutes of swimming at the beach is enough for me, so I got back to rest house and change. Purposely stealing some of Yuri's oversized white T-shirt.

So I'm here, sitting and leaning against the tree, watching everyone having fun. Yukiho, Monika, and the boys are playing volleyball, "I'm good, you guys keep playing!", I yelled back at her.

Yukiho tried to insist but I still refused, I'm tired from swimming and Sayori kinda saw me naked while I was changing in the bathroom earlier, she barged right in and caught me butt naked, that girl just doesn't know how to knock, man we really do know each other very well.

The guys resumed they're previous game, I laughed out loud when Monika hits the ball and it landed on Carl's face, did she did that on purpose? Whatever, it's hilarious, and the guy is fine by it anyway. I haven't seen Sayori since our encounter at the bathroom, where is she?

I wish I didn't ask that, oh how bad I wanna take it back. Sayori is walking towards my direction, she's wearing a white button down shirt and shorts, she's sipping from her smoothie and she has this annoying and teasing look on her face. I rolled my eyes at her, Sayori took a seat next to me on the sand, then handed a smoothie out to me.

What a great friend she is.

I mouthed her a thank you then took a sip from the smoothie she gave me as well, none of us says a word. We're just silently enjoying each others company, feeling the warm breeze around us and the relaxing sound of the ocean, oh and MC's girly scream, he said something about a crab pinching his toe. Poor guy, of course the guys laughed at him, except Carly, she asked him if he's okay.

Oh you better ask her out tonight or I'll cut your ass off then hand it to you.

"How's your day Natsuki?", Sayori asked. I shrugged, "Nothing interesting"

I can feel her eyes burning at the back of my head, so I turned around to face her. As expected, she has this silly smile on her face making her look like a fool.

"Don't say it", I blurted before she could say anything.

She pouted, "I wasn't gonna ask anything", she mumbled, I just know you too well Sayori.

"It's nice of Yukiho to invite us here on her birthday", she said. I can only hum in response. Then I remembered, "Say Sayori, are you..ya know? Happy? Being with Carl and all?", I didn't mean for it to come out as a question but oh well.

Sayori lowered her head a bit, staring at the sand below her. Oh crap did I said something wrong? She looks so..so sad right now! Great, way to change the airtime Natsuki.

"Carl's a good guy. He's always by my side and keeps me company, though for some reason he's with MC all the time, I guess they get along pretty well", Sayori said. Hah! Way to keep your promise MC.

But I still feel like there's more to what Sayori's gonna say, but I'll wait for her to tell me herself, I always push her into things sometimes but I know when to stop and take things seriously.

"Well, how about Monika?", crap. Believe me I wasn't gonna ask Sayori about her, but this damn mouth of mine has a mind of it's own.

I saw her tense up a bit, then she gave me a weak smile. "We haven't spoken to each other since the little incident at the park", oh the park.

"And a 'little birdie' is the cause of our little misunderstanding", Sayori narrowed her eyes at me.

I gulped then let out a nervous chuckle, "I'm sure that 'little birdie' just wanted to help", my, I wonder who it is?