Chapter 17: Somebody to You

Natsuki's POV

Holding the bowl in hand, I picked up the wooden spoon then started mixing and stirring the batter. Time passes by like a flash, two weeks have passed and tomorrow is the school festival. Yuri and I just finished making the banner and she's at the living room finishing the remaining posters, while I'm here in the kitchen on baking duty.

I noticed these passed 2 weeks Sayori and Monika acted like total strangers, and Sayori rarely shows up at the club. I knew something happened and I need to know what, Sayori and I haven't had a chat these passed few days. Only because she ignored me when I tried to call and reach out to her, that girl's making me worry again. Is she still embarrassed about what happened in her room? Whilst that could be the reason but that doesn't explain her situation with Monika. Yeah, something did happen.

I placed the batter on the tray, after heating the oven I placed the tray inside then closed it.

I grab my phone from my pocket then leaned on the counter while waiting for the cupcakes to bake. Sayori haven't texted me either, maybe I should at least try and talk to her. It's the goddamn festival tomorrow, everyone should enjoy and have a good time, and not shut each other out.

I shouldn't even be thinking about this, I should focus on my task because I'm sure the others are too.
Yuri and I have been working nonstop, I hope everything will pay off in the end. What am I talking about of course it will.

The oven made a *ping* noise and I immediately wear some brown mittens then opened the oven. I gently grab the tray then placed it on the counter, I took the freshly baked cupcakes one by one and placed it on the plate big enough for it all to fit. This is the last thing I need to decorate, I also baked a chocolate cake earlier and that takes time to make. I'm tired as hell.

I took the mittens off then started to put frosting on top of the cupcakes, this is another thing I loved about baking, you get to decorate it on your own and something about baking is just making me feel free and happy. I have no idea how to explain the rest I just love it okay?

After decorating and all is finally ready tomorrow for the festival. "Finally!", I stretched my arms and removed the apron then placed it on the nearby chair. I took a peek at Yuri to see how she's doing,

She's sitting on the couch with a poster in hand, she looks tired and exhausted as I am but she's not finished yet. Poor Yuri, quick, gotta think of something to cheer her up.

An idea came and I grab a cupcake from the plate then started to add a little more decoration, she's gonna like this. Once it's done, a smile plastered on my face then I quickly went to the living room.

"Hey, you could use a little break", I said. She shook her head, "Can't stop now, there is only few left and I had to work on something later", she said.

I raised a brow at her, "Something? But I already finished the sweets needed for the festival and the banner is already done", I said. Did Monika told her to do another task?

I saw her eyes widen a bit, "Um..I still need to work for the poem tomorrow, I haven't made one yet", she said.

I sighed then took a seat next to her, I grab her arm to get her attention, as expected she turned around then looked at me. Until now I still feel a little lightheaded whenever our gaze met, "I'll work on the remaining posters, just go and do your poem. We don't wanna be late for the festival tomorrow", a smile made it's way to her face after I said that.

"Really? Thank you so much darling!", then she wrapped her arms around me then hugged me tightly. My face buried on her chest, I blushed madly then pushed her away from me. "For a thousand time please don't call me that!", she just laughed at me.