Chapter 9: Love Hurts

Sayori's POV

"NO!!!", I sat up on the bed, heavily breathing. Another nightmare, I thought. I'm covered in sweat and my hair's a mess. I stared at the wall on my room. I don't feel like going to school or talking to anyone. I sighed, what's wrong with me? I hate this, I'm sick of it.

No one wants to be with me, no one. My parents are out therefore I'm alone in the house. I hate being alone, I don't want to be alone. But here I am crying to myself, who would help me? Natsuki? No, she probably hates me now.

Monika? Tears started pouring out of my eyes. She doesn't care, both of them don't. They're probably happy with each other. I hope Natsuki's okay though. God I'm horrible.

I got up lazily from the bed then do my morning routine, after eating breakfast and make sure everything's okay I got out of the house and locked the door. Nothing's okay.

I barely even talked to Monika or MC, they're busy hanging out with each other. And everytime I saw them the sight is killing me, but they didn't notice, I don't want them to notice.

I felt a heavy weight on my chest. I should stop this, this is ridiculous. I'm just hurting myself.

Placing some books inside my locker, I then shut it closed. But once I turned and looked up, I saw Monika and MC talking and laughing, the two are obviously having a great time. I want to look away and run, I wan't to scream just to go and get they're attention. Instead I just stood there, staring at them like a fool.

Monika suddenly hugged MC, I saw him slowly hugging her back as well. I couldn't bare the sight anymore. I walked away and kept my head low.

I'm probably walking like a sloth, where am I even going? I've got no one else to hold onto. I'm lost in my own thoughts, Does it matter? No, it doesn't. But hey at least they're happy.

Then all of a sudden a body collided with my own, making me fall onto the ground with a loud thud. "Sorry!", it was a guy's voice. I felt his footsteps fading as he ran away, couldn't even bother helping me. But it's okay, it's not like I needed the help anyway. How much I hate this negative thoughts, but for some reason I didn't try to put those aside, I welcome them.

I sat up, I tried to stand but I'm too numb and hurt to care. "Sayori? Sayori are you okay?!", I felt someone pulling me up. Jasmine, there's only one person who has this amazing smell. I'm cursed.

I put on the best happy face I could muster and look up, a pare of emerald orbs greet my dull and blue ones. "What happened there? Did someone hit you? Where are they?!", she said. Why do you care?

"What are you talking about Sayori? Of course I care your my friend!", I didn't realize I said my thoughts out loud. But her voice rang in my head over and over again.

Stop.

"Sayori...what's wrong?", she asked worriedly.

Stop. Stop it.

"N-nothing's wrong!", I cheerfully said then force a smile out. She looked at me for a moment before sighing in relief.

"Whew, for a moment you got me worried there", she said.

And you shouldn't worry.

"Let's walk to class together!", I hate pretending to be happy when I'm not. But I have to. She smiled and nodded, we were walking to class together when I blurted out.

"So how are things with MC?", I asked.

Please don't answer it.

She smiled again, "You know Sayori? I'm really grateful you made him join the club. He's funny and cool, your lucky to have a childhood friend like him", of course I'm lucky, very lucky.