Chapter 4: The Short One

"I'm not going inside", I crossed my arms on my chest. She furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance. Probably wondering? We're standing infront of her front door, I told her to drop me at my house but she said it's a little too far away. Seriously it's only 20 minutes drive from here, so she decided I should stay the night at her place. Yeah right, as if that will happen!

"Natsuki, it's still raining and we're both soaking wet. I suggest you should stay here before you'll catch cold", she said.

"N-no way I'm staying with you!", I said stubbornly. I don't even know why I'm acting this way, probably because I immedietly act without thinking when Yuri's around. "Okey then", she simply said then shut the door closed. Right at my face.

"W-wait your not really leaving me alone out here would you?!", there was no response after I said that.

"Y-yuri?!", I yelled.

I started panicking. "Yuri this isn't funny anymore! Open goddamit!"

Then I start to bang at her door. "Okey! Okey! I'll stay please let me in!", after I said that, the door opened revealing a smirking Yuri.

"You know, you can always try to check if it's lock or not right?", as she said that I mentally smacked myself. Why didn't I think of that? God I really am dumb.

"Damn you!", I yelled. She laughed at me, then I slapped her on the arm. "Ouch!", she yelped. I ignored her then walked passed her inside her house.

My mouth literally hung open as I stare at her gigantic house, there's a huge, white comfy couch on the middle with a giant flat screen TV. But what caught my attention is the crystal chandelier on top, I've never seen a crystal chandelier before. Man if this is what her living room is I'll literally faint at the sight of what the other rooms may look.

"You might want to close your mouth beofore you'll catch flies", I snapped out of my trance then glared at the purple headed beauty- I mean uh..beast beside me. Tsk.

"Beast who?", she asked. Oh crap did I said that our loud?

"Who do you think?", I looked at her dead in the eye. But I wanted to melt at the sight. Her eyes holds confusion in them, damn why does she always look like that? She could be mistaken for a supermodel in that face, that long hair, that hot bod- I mentally smacked myself again. I guess pervert pan is back. I don't need you right now!

I sighed. If I was at a disney fairytale I am definately the beast. All alone, sitting at an empty castle with no one to hold onto. No one talks to you because of your hideous looks. Trapped inside that prison forever. But one day, a girl came into his life.

I looked at Yuri who was playing her hair with her fingers. She's beautiful, smart, loves thick books, and way out of my league. Yet in the end, she loved the beast back despite of his hideous look, she fell in love with him because he's kind and lovable without his mask on. Because she understands him that no one can, she loved him becase his him. And beast loved him too beacuse she was the only one who was able to crack his code. She made him happy and he made her happy.

But that will never happen. Fairytales are just fairytales and they don't happen in real life. I'll remain the beast I am today, hiding behind a mask. Pushing everyone away so the pain that I'm feeling won't increase. That will remain the same forever.

"Natsuki?", I looked up to see a worried Yuri. Why?

"Yes? What is it?", I asked. She took a step closer towards me then placed her forefinger on my left cheek. I raised my eyebrow when she wiped something off. Don't tell me I'm actually..

"Fuck..", I pushed her away from me then quickly wiped the stubborn tears that wouldn't stop falling from my eyelids. Damn this is the second time that someone saw me crying in years! And it's the same person who saw me! Yuri for the love of-