Chapter 40: Street Child (Updated)

Yuri's POV

Monika came and took a step forward, then slammed a poster in front of me, making everyone startle in the club room. What is her problem? Can't she see that Natsuki and I are busy? Busy reading a book obviously.

"Everyone gather around! I have a very important announcement to tell!", she exclaimed. Sayori went over to her side then wrapped her arms around her waist, the rest of the guys hovered around the table. "Kingdom High's first ever Halloween Party", Yukiho eyed the poster. Upon hearing this, everyone stared at each other for a bit before letting out a yell of rejoice, as if everyone won a lottery.

"Hell yeah this is gonna be fun! Not to mention that we're gonna party here all night!", Natsuki took the poster then held it close to her face. "I'm so excited! Can we buy a costume after school Monika please?", Sayori pouted while looking at Monika, the girl chuckled then gave Sayori a peck on her cheek. "We will Sayori, don't worry", she smiled then nuzzled her cheek against Sayori's.

The guys started to discuss the costume that they'll wear for the party. I turned to Natsuki, she's still looking at the poster. So I placed my hand on her leg to get her attention, "What's your costume gonna be?", I asked.

She thought for a while, "I honestly don't know, I guess I'll have to look for one back at my house I guess, if there is", she mumbled the last part, but I clearly heard it.

But before I can suggest something, Monika interrupts. I frowned because Natsuki might consider that idea, I guess I can tell her later on. "The Halloween party has contest of different categories and themes, for example: Scariest Monster awards, cute themed, best costume awards, oh and this is the most interesting one", Monika smirked.

"What might that be?", Marie asked. This made Monika's smirk grew wider, she picked up the poster then pointed at a sentence written on the middle, "Best Monster couple awards, oh how about we spice some things a bit?", she chuckled.

I know where this is going, knowing how crazy Monika is it's obvious that she's gonna-

"Let's have a bet!", she exclaimed. Told you so.

"Interesting, go on", Natsuki said. Wait, she approves of this?! "Let's hear it", Yukiho blurted, how dare she?! "Sounds fun, alright", Marie smiled. And it's obvious that Sayori approves of this too considering what her face looks like right now, she's very excited.

One out of five, great.

"I'm glad everyone approves of my brilliant idea", Monika chuckled as she placed her hands on her waist, standing proud and very pleased of herself. "However, everyone needs a partner for this bet. So let's pair some people!", Monika exclaimed.

"Yuri and Natsuki will work together obviously, and of course so are Sayori and I. Marie will be pared with Carl and MC will go with Carly", Monika said with a grin on her face. MC is still not here yet, but I think he'll be back tomorrow.

"Hey what about me?", Yukiho asked while taking a big bite from the cupcake. "You'll be with Mars of course", this caused her to cough. "What?! Why her?!"

Monika made a clicking noise using her tongue. "Oh you really wanna start a debate now?", she asked, Yukiho stood up, "Game on!", and here we go again.

The two argued for about 10 minutes until Monika was able to convince poor Yukiho to agree with Mars being her partner, sorry Yukiho, I'm sure you'll win the debate with Monika next time.

"Those who're last place will have to wear their costume at school for the whole day", Monika said. "And what if no one wins?", Yukiho asked, she's still obviously mad because she lost a fight with Monika again.