30. the last time

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐢'𝐯𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐢 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐨𝐫

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞, 𝐢 𝐰𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞

== n i n i 's p o v ==

five minutes earlier.

"meet me at the spot, asap." i tell ricky hurriedly into my earpiece, quickly backing out of the security camera software and booking it out of the closet.

i try to casually rush down the hall, ripping my earpiece out and quickly stuffing it in my bra just in time to round the corne-

oh, thank god.

"e.j!" i whisper-yell as soon as i spot him hiding in a closet at the end of the hall.

i had seen him sneak out of the dinner (which i should have seen coming, really, when is this man ever where he's supposed to be??) on the cameras, and knew i had to keep him away from the one suspicious place he shouldn't be.

his eyes widen when he sees me, shutting the closet immediately and meeting me in the middle.

"nini?? what're you doing here?!" he whispers.

i shake my head in disbelief, "i should be asking you that!! it's your birthday dinn-"

"i know, i know!" he sighs, running a hand through his hair stressfully.

e.j takes a seat on a bench against the wall, looking up at me.

i furrow my eyebrows, "are you...what's wrong?"

i sit next to him, not knowing how to help. all i know is that i need to get him out of here, immediately.

"no, i'm not. it's just.. a lot," he breathes out, scooting closer to me.

"i know it's a lot, but..you're gonna do a great job-"

"it's not about that," he shakes his head, eyes glassy.

"what's it about, then?" i ask, tapping my foot anxiously and praying that he'll grow a pair in the next two seconds so we can get the fuck out of here.

"you're seriously so oblivious, you know that?"

e.j looks turns his head to look at me with what looks like his best smolder (which i am trying so hard not to laugh at right now), which probably is just his crying face or something. i don't know, i've never seen him like this.

"oblivious to what?" i say, genuinely curious now.

"this."

i tilt my head, shocked and confused, "...what? you mean gina and you??"

he sighs, "no, jaz. you and i."