20. used to you

𝘪 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦

'𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦

𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘪'𝘮 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘢 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶

== n i n i 's p o v ==

i groggily roll over onto ricky as i wake up, immediately noticing that something's off. i can't quite place it though, my brain still fogged up from my sleep (and my impending hangover), which pulls me back into a state of almost-sleep. i bring my hand up next to my head on ricky's chest, trying to cling to his shirt and move to get comfortable--and that's when it registers in my brain that's there's no shirt to cling to. or anything.

"AH!" i practically jump off of him, my raging headache making me instantly regret my reaction.

"wh--oh my god!" ricky jolts into consciousness, falling off of the side of the bed in shock. i pull the sheet up to my chest and groan at how loud he just was.

"what happened to slow?!" i say as loud as i can go without worsening my headache. i cover my eyes, giving him a thumbs-up so he knows he can stand.

"maybe we didn't--"

"nope, nope," i shake my head, "we did. we definitely did."

"okay, wait, just give me five minutes, i'll.."

i hear him walk around before the sound of the bathroom door shutting, which practically sounds like a gunshot. i quickly get up and grab my white robe, tying it tightly around myself. i pace around the room, thinking of all the things i could say to ricky when he walks out. what am even i supposed to say?!

== r i c k y 's p o v ==

i walk out of the bathroom after changing into a random sweater and sweatpants (thankfully, neither of us have work for a few hours) to see nini sitting at the island with her head in her hands. she looks over at me, neither of us knowing what to say.

"nini.." i start, "i am so, so sorry..."

"no, don't be. i don't want to talk about it."

not talk about it?

"nins--"

i'm interupted by the piercing sound of an incoming call from vivian coming from the computer. both of our eyes widen, the two of us having forgot about the update call scheduled for the morning.

"oh my god, i can't be in a conference call with our boss like this!" nini says, gesturing to the fact that she's only in a robe.

"shit, raise your arms!" nini does so immediately, watching me take my sweater off before i slide it onto her (it's baggy on me, so it fits with room on her even with her robe on underneath), not thinking about the fact that that leaves me without a shirt. once i realize, i quickly lean down and grab a random shirt for myself off of the ground. i poke my arms through and sit down just in time for nini to accept the skype call.

"richard and nina! our favorite--richard, dear?"

"yes, ma'am?"

"are you aware..that your shirt says..'boss bitch?'"

i glance down at my tight fitting shirt to see that it does, in fact, say boss bitch in a sparkly pink bold font on the front. it must be one of nini's feminist-y sleep shirts, which explains why it doesn't fit me at all.