25. 18

𝗸𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗶 𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝘄𝗻, 𝗺𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗽𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀

𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱

𝗶 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝟭𝟴

𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗯𝗲𝗳𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗲 𝗯𝗼𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗲𝗹𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴

== n i n i 's p o v ==

"um, so.."

ricky and i get settled in front of the camera--in two separate chairs this time--waiting to be reprimanded for everything that just happened.

"okay, i'm just going to keep this short. i don't want to see that during my work day."

"understood," ricky says with a cough, trying to cover a laugh.

"while there isn't technically any rule against...that..happening, there is a rule against not disclosing your relationship to corporate. i'm going to let two of you off this time, however, because of the great work you did today. the memo you sent about the chandelier incident.."

i let out a sigh of relief, my brain not hearing much after that. once the call disconnects, ricky bursts into laughter while i set my head down on the counter.

"that was the single most embarrassing thing.." i groan, turning my head to face him.

"it's fine, it probably happens all the time," ricky snickers while he stands up and comes over to my stool, gently rubbing my shoulders and pressing his nose against my neck. i can't help but smile wide as ricky brings his arms down to my stomach, pulling me close.

"i love you so much," ricky breathes out into my neck, hugging me tighter. i don't say anything, just bringing my hands down to his on my stomach.

look, it's not like i don't..not love him.

you have to understand though, i know this feeling way too well with ricky. and it's not like i don't want to say it, i just don't think i should right now.

so for now, what ricky and i have got going is good.

it's amazing, actually. i just feel so incredibly loved right now, and it's weird. not that that's bad--of course it's not. it's just that the ricky i used to know wasn't really like this. and now he is, and it's all new.

it's just hard to say that and feel this again, when all you have from the past is evidence why you shouldn't.

i would hate to leave him hanging like this though, because believe me--i know how much it hurts when someone doesn't say they love you back. even if ricky says i don't have to and it wouldn't hurt him, i still hate the idea of doing that to him.

"you just have this amazing way of making my heart happy," i mumble, squeezing his hands on my stomach. i feel his lips turn up into a smile on my neck.

"that's my job, nins. well, one of them at least. thank god i have multiple, because i almost just got us fired from this one," he jokes, which makes us both start laughing.

i giggle, "nuh-uh, i take full responsibility for that."

"how?! i was the idiot who couldn't press the button on the computer!"

"no, i was the one that told you to not answer it, so it's on me."

"yeah, but i listened, 'cause i can't pass up--"